Turn on thread page Beta

Snow Snow Snow!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    COming from the south-west I have never seen proper snow before (just a pathetic kind of sludge) so today I woke up at 5am to make sure I was the first to stomp around. Cambridge was so beautiful (enhanced by the fact that I had just had my supervisions for the whole week out of the way)!! I saw a snowman with a laurel-wreath(esque) on his head and what seemed like a toga. I also saw some risque snow "sculptures" and things stomped in the snow (esp John's!) and an enormous 4-ball thing in King's. Nice to know I wasn't the only person being silly! I hope it snows tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can definitely take more of this! Loving the snow and the prettiness - respect to whoever put the snowman in the middle of the main court of King's!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, risking the wrath of the porters.......

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooooooo! It's raining!

ReputationRep:
    It's snowing and there's loads of it! counter-act the rain. go go go snow!! I'm going to make my first ever snowman tomorrow if it carries on!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Come on snow, fabulous! I think it's winning now... Hope it carries on, and that it sticks

ReputationRep:
    http://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/collegelif...cid=2&itemid=2

look!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzy_vet)

look!

Grrrr.

It's not snowing here, and I only live like an hour from Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Grrrr.

It's not snowing here, and I only live like an hour from Cambridge.
    it dribbles snow here earlier, then stopped! i live nowhere near cam. looks good though doesnt it!

(sent you an email by the way)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzy_vet)
    it dribbles snow here earlier, then stopped! i live nowhere near cam. looks good though doesnt it!

(sent you an email by the way)

Thanks.

I just pm'd you but ignore it.
    I got the email now.

ReputationRep:
    yay snowballs with rocks in them

(Original post by blissy)
    COming from the south-west I have never seen proper snow before (just a pathetic kind of sludge) so today I woke up at 5am to make sure I was the first to stomp around. Cambridge was so beautiful (enhanced by the fact that I had just had my supervisions for the whole week out of the way)!! I saw a snowman with a laurel-wreath(esque) on his head and what seemed like a toga. I also saw some risque snow "sculptures" and things stomped in the snow (esp John's!) and an enormous 4-ball thing in King's. Nice to know I wasn't the only person being silly! I hope it snows tomorrow!!
    I know who did the ball thing, and who did the snow penis last year. very funny
    J

ReputationRep:
    I took some photos today and here are a few. Isn't Cambridge beautiful? (I haven't quite worked out how to make things smaller in file size but still good quality - bf keeps threatening to show me).

ReputationRep:
    There's some random pictures in the Clare students' new photogallery... mostly taken by me

http://ucs.clare.cam.ac.uk/gallery/t...ls.php?album=8

I didn't get back from lectures until the light was fading, so the view from the mound wasn't as good as I'd hoped

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    The light in the very early morning was so good and the sky was SUCH a beautiful colour. The light got a bit crappier as the day went on. I took one of the new blizzard as well. So you're a keen photographer? I took something like 800 photographs in 4 days when I went to Paris. 10 days in Amsterdam resulted in a lot of sorting-out!! I LOVE digital cameras. hehe.

(Original post by Alaric)
    There's some random pictures in the Clare students' new photogallery... mostly taken by me

I didn't get back from lectures until the light was fading, so the view from the mound wasn't as good as I'd hoped

Alaric.
    ha, i recognise quite a few of those faces. Alan, Helen, Jane etc
    J

ReputationRep:

Check out the mysetry giant bird prints (or is that duck prints) on the front lawn.

ReputationRep:
    Wish it would snow again... it might make the ice a bit easier to walk on! Tennis Court Road was horrible this morning...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)

Alaric.

Yet more drag. Do you Clare people have no shame?

PS which one is you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    Yet more drag. Do you Clare people have no shame?

PS which one is you?
    Apparently the boys don't. Although there weren't so many in drag at the Christmas bop. Fortunately, I'm not on any of those pics! (I'm not the Helen that J referred to!)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.