This discussion is closed.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
COming from the south-west I have never seen proper snow before (just a pathetic kind of sludge) so today I woke up at 5am to make sure I was the first to stomp around. Cambridge was so beautiful (enhanced by the fact that I had just had my supervisions for the whole week out of the way)!! I saw a snowman with a laurel-wreath(esque) on his head and what seemed like a toga. I also saw some risque snow "sculptures" and things stomped in the snow (esp John's!) and an enormous 4-ball thing in King's. Nice to know I wasn't the only person being silly! I hope it snows tomorrow!!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, I can definitely take more of this! Loving the snow and the prettiness - respect to whoever put the snowman in the middle of the main court of King's!
blissy
Rep:
?
Indeed, risking the wrath of the porters.......
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nooooooooooo! It's raining!
blissy
Rep:
?
It's snowing and there's loads of it! counter-act the rain. go go go snow!! I'm going to make my first ever snowman tomorrow if it carries on!!!
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes! Come on snow, fabulous! I think it's winning now... Hope it carries on, and that it sticks
Suzy_vet
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
http://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/collegelif...cid=2&itemid=2

look!
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Suzy_vet)

look!

Grrrr.

It's not snowing here, and I only live like an hour from Cambridge.
Suzy_vet
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ralfskini)
Grrrr.

It's not snowing here, and I only live like an hour from Cambridge.
it dribbles snow here earlier, then stopped! i live nowhere near cam. looks good though doesnt it!

(sent you an email by the way)
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Suzy_vet)
it dribbles snow here earlier, then stopped! i live nowhere near cam. looks good though doesnt it!

(sent you an email by the way)

Thanks.

I just pm'd you but ignore it.
I got the email now.
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yay snowballs with rocks in them
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
COming from the south-west I have never seen proper snow before (just a pathetic kind of sludge) so today I woke up at 5am to make sure I was the first to stomp around. Cambridge was so beautiful (enhanced by the fact that I had just had my supervisions for the whole week out of the way)!! I saw a snowman with a laurel-wreath(esque) on his head and what seemed like a toga. I also saw some risque snow "sculptures" and things stomped in the snow (esp John's!) and an enormous 4-ball thing in King's. Nice to know I wasn't the only person being silly! I hope it snows tomorrow!!
I know who did the ball thing, and who did the snow penis last year. very funny
J
blissy
Rep:
?
I took some photos today and here are a few. Isn't Cambridge beautiful? (I haven't quite worked out how to make things smaller in file size but still good quality - bf keeps threatening to show me).
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There's some random pictures in the Clare students' new photogallery... mostly taken by me

http://ucs.clare.cam.ac.uk/gallery/t...ls.php?album=8

I didn't get back from lectures until the light was fading, so the view from the mound wasn't as good as I'd hoped

Alaric.
blissy
Rep:
?
The light in the very early morning was so good and the sky was SUCH a beautiful colour. The light got a bit crappier as the day went on. I took one of the new blizzard as well. So you're a keen photographer? I took something like 800 photographs in 4 days when I went to Paris. 10 days in Amsterdam resulted in a lot of sorting-out!! I LOVE digital cameras. hehe.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
There's some random pictures in the Clare students' new photogallery... mostly taken by me

I didn't get back from lectures until the light was fading, so the view from the mound wasn't as good as I'd hoped

Alaric.
ha, i recognise quite a few of those faces. Alan, Helen, Jane etc
J
Suzy_vet
Report 16 years ago

Check out the mysetry giant bird prints (or is that duck prints) on the front lawn.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wish it would snow again... it might make the ice a bit easier to walk on! Tennis Court Road was horrible this morning...
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)

Alaric.

Yet more drag. Do you Clare people have no shame?

PS which one is you?
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mentally Ill)
Yet more drag. Do you Clare people have no shame?

PS which one is you?
Apparently the boys don't. Although there weren't so many in drag at the Christmas bop. Fortunately, I'm not on any of those pics! (I'm not the Helen that J referred to!)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (51)
19.39%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (58)
22.05%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
19.01%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise