Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm currently in my 2nd year of animal management HND and hoping to continue on to another 1/2 years of study.

My question is about tutoring - I did well at GCSE and got all A & B's except for maths (boo) and art (double boo), which I got a C in.

I've also studied physics, english language and biology A-level however I only received a passing trade in english language due to health problems at the time. However, I do know all the content well...

I also have studied biology and biology related subjects on my current course.

I've checked through some past papers of all subjects at GCSE and feel I would be good enough to tutor them - my questions are:

1) How do I know I'm good enough? After all, it's the kids future. The questions seem easy as hell tbh and I'm planning to get textbooks, past papers, etc but I was wondering how others found the experience?

2) Do I have to pay any tax etc, and do I have to declare it to anyone? I doubt I'll be doing more than tutoring a few students (3 tops I reckon), and it'll be cash in hand...

3) How to advertise?! Thinking like gumtree or the local newspapers?

4) Any other tips/advice would be great

Thanks a lot ^.^

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.