Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

Applied for Computing and my ucas code doesnt match.

I definitely double checked It was that, as I knew the difference. Anyways after 2 months of choosing my firm, I checked the UCAS code which is the Sandwich Year (4 years) choice.

Have I technically applied for the wrong course?

Just realised like 5 minutes ago.

Sorry If Im rambling on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeeyMon)
    Hey guys.

Applied for UCAS for MMU Forensic Computing to do the normal 3 years which was UCAS code 551.

I definitely double checked It was that, as I knew the difference. Anyways after 2 months of choosing my firm, I checked the UCAS code and it was 550 which is the Sandwich Year (4 years) choice.

Just realised like 5 minutes ago. Really scared and worried, really want to go to University.

Sorry If Im rambling on.
    Sometimes unis change you to a different course if they think you'd be more suited, not sure why they'd add in the sandwich bit unless they've discontinued the other course or something? That's pretty unlikely though. Maybe ring them up and ask? If not, I wouldn't worry. Firstly because a sandwich year would be beneficial in the long run, as I'm guessing it is a year in industry and secondly, it is very easy to change course in your first week at uni.

ReputationRep:
    I really didn't want a sandwich year though.

ReputationRep:
    but it sounds so yummy

ReputationRep:
    You'll most likely be able to change.

ReputationRep:
    Ring up the uni and explain that you thought you applied for the normal 3 year course and ask if you could change. There's usually an option to change once you start the course, but to put your mind at rest you could clarify it with the uni now.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

Applied for UCAS for MMU Forensic Computing to do the normal 3 years which was UCAS code 551.

I definitely double checked It was that, as I knew the difference. Anyways after 2 months of choosing my firm, I checked the UCAS code and it was 550 which is the Sandwich Year (4 years) choice.

Just realised like 5 minutes ago. Really scared and worried, really want to go to University.

Sorry If Im rambling on.
    Hey my boyfriend applied to this course too and it's actually UCAS's fault. What MMU have on their website as the two course codes, UCAS have the wrong way round... So yeah just ring MMU and ask, it shouldn't be a problem and if not you can usually change when you're there

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys,

Rang them this morning and UCAS. They said letters should have been sent out as the course name was changing. They said it is fine and I can usually sort it at enrolment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.