Turn on thread page Beta

I'm under extreme pressure at the moment, there are a lot of stressful things going on in my life, and yesterday I reached breaking point, after working a full day's work whilst juggling some stuff I'm dealing with, and then receiving a letter asking me to provide documentation I don't have and can't possibly get before proceeding with an application.

My boyfriend (4 mnths) came around, but he came 15 minutes early and I was just getting out the shower. I had been crying on and off all day, and for some reason, him coming early just set me off.

For about 10 minutes after he arrived I was really really difficult and pissy with him, before breaking down and apologizing for being a *****. He tried to help me solve some of the admin problems I was having, and then told me not to worry about it, and that he knew something was up as soon as he came in.

I just hope he doesn't think I'm a crazy...and this morning on reflection, I feel really bad about how I reacted and took things out on him. Is this...''normal''?

ReputationRep:
    sure he's not gonna be too shocked at his girlfriend throwing a strop us girls are famous for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is this...''normal''?
    You're a girl, so yes it's normal.

Girl's frequently tend to be irrational and emotional, especially during that time of the month.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i wouldnt worry too much, im sure he understands that you felt under pressure and as you said he helped you try to resolve some of your amin problems. I would say he doesnt think your crazy, he sounds an understanding guy.
    im sure it will all be smiles next time you see him :-)

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the issue here. You say you were pissy with him for 10 minutes, then apologised, and you both worked together to sort it out. Problem solved, surely?

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't worry about it OP. Happens to everyone, and you've been with him a few months so a small-scale bout of frustration/upset isn't a huge deal. If you do something along those lines on a first date, that might convey a bad impression, but by this time he'll know you were just stressed. Sounds like he was nice and helpful about it, so that's a good sign. You might apologise again, briefly, and thank him for helping you out.

(Original post by geek 2.0)
    You're a girl, so yes it's normal.

Girl's frequently tend to be irrational and emotional, especially during that time of the month.
    How to make a girl more irrational and emotional: hint that she's pissed off because she's on her period. Or imply that women get emotional/upset/angry more easily then men.

ReputationRep:
    Damn it.

I thought I'd get a bit of domestic violence when I clicked on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah honestly it's fine. My boyfriend is like my best friend so I tend to take a lot of stuff out on him and I feel so so bad afterwards but he understands that I get a bit stressy . Just apologise and do something nice to make up for it

ReputationRep:
    He should have put you in your place tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he wont mind! By the sounds of it, youre not some sort of super ***** that gets arsey with him on a regular basis!

ReputationRep:
    No it's not normal...

....it normally lasts more than 10 minutes!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being sexist here at all. Women can be irrational in the way you described; if it happens rarely then it's not a problem and he should be OK with it.

If it happens a lot, it could put a strain on the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    10 minutes? Amateur

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm sure he doesn't really give a crap and he's not going to be seriously offended by it so chill.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.