Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just saw 5 guys kick my neighbours door down and take a whole load of ****e from his house. I didn't get a clear view because I was looking through the peep hole.

I don't know my neighbour becuase he is meant to be a dodgy character [I think he sells or takes drugs]. Usually (last night included, the police were involved too) there is a lot of commotion outside of his door.

Should I call the cops :/?

I am actually ****ting myself...

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him if he wants you to report it

ReputationRep:
    He's not in.

**** did it, I better not get mines kicked in now as a result.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    report it

ReputationRep:
    If that happened to me, I'd either report it immediately, or not at all, unless I knew something that could identify the people, like noting down a numberplate.

You've done nothing wrong, because in the real world, "squealing" takes bad people off the streets.

ReputationRep:
    Last time that happened my neighbour was stabbed to death, better report it eh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    I just saw 5 guys kick my neighbours door down and take a whole load of ****e from his house. I didn't get a clear view because I was looking through the peep hole.

I don't know my neighbour becuase he is meant to be a dodgy character [I think he sells or takes drugs]. Usually (last night included, the police were involved too) there is a lot of commotion outside of his door.

Should I call the cops :/?

I am actually ****ting myself...
    Yes, why not tell the police? Just make sure you don't do it too openly that the criminals possibly could find out you said something. Just tell the police you would like to say it, but not want to be known to anyone else unless absolutely necessary.

I've read it in the news that people who report crimes get into deep trouble with the criminals directly, so make sure you do it carefully.

ReputationRep:
    Bystanding can get you an equal length term as those who committed,

these guys beat up this one guy after school ( the guy died)
    and two people we're watching,
    law changed in like january
    trial was in february.
    had it been the old law, the two would have got away
    however new law is something like, even witnessing and not reporting now will get you a sentence equal to the crime :\

ReputationRep:
    report it. You can also remain anonymous

ReputationRep:
    Dnt b a snake innit u paigon

No seriously do, **** that happening to you.

ReputationRep:
    I reported it but my descriptions were ****ing ****, I'd be suprised if they caught the guys.

To be ****ing honest, the cops are useless. They've been around to his house so many times and done sweet f.a..I'm sure the guy deals/buys drugs.

Still it was **** scary when I saw these guys pound his door down and then walk out with a tv and some jiffy bags[:erm:].

The guys a ****ing nutjob, one time I heard him pounding on his door from the inside and screaming, "I'll ****ing slash you!".. really slowly, must be on the crystal meth or some ****..:lolwut:

EDIT: The cops were round last night and didn't even mention it to me on the phone even when i brough it up .

ReputationRep:
    Report it anonymously, you won't put yourself in any risk at all and you might get some criminals off the streets. If you don't have any real evidence of who it was, it might not help a great deal.

ReputationRep:
    ... I'd move.

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing by reporting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProFail)
    Report it anonymously, you won't put yourself in any risk at all and you might get some criminals off the streets. If you don't have any real evidence of who it was, it might not help a great deal.

(Original post by Bobsyourteapots)
    report it. You can also remain anonymous
    I didn't do it anonymously, but surely if the cops do find the criminals or whatever, the rozzers wouldn't say " Oh we know you did such and such because your neighbour tipped us off" would they? :sad: :s

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do it anonymously, but surely if the cops do find the criminals or whatever, the rozzers wouldn't say " Oh we know you did such and such because your neighbour tipped us off" would they? :sad: :s
    No. And if you ever had to give evidence, you give your address as "Care of Strathclyde Police" (presumably, being a student, you won't be in the same flat two years running and by the time this case comes to court you'll be elsewhere).

If you want to be anonymous, use Crimestopppers next time.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it, but it might be an idea to clarify that you don't want to testify in court against them, because that would probably be a dangerous situation to be in.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.