ReputationRep:
    A bit of a loosener tonight

Technique power squats

60 x 5 x 10 sets

Squat Press

Upto 100kg x 3 keeping heels on ground

Bench stretch work

ReputationRep:
    less than a month to the comp, how ready do you feel? cool tats btw, main reason i want to start lifting is for more surface area for artwork.

ReputationRep:
    Nothin to it but to do it, I'm going to bust my balls and do as well as I can, if I get owned by stronger guys so be it i will work and improve, if I can hold my own I will be happy.

Last nights fun and games

Tired - really need to get more sleep

Silver Dollar Deadlift

355 x 1
    325 x 5

Front Squat

185 x 1
    205(pb) failed - will get this when I'm not so tired, really want the 450lb frontie

May do a few sets next week with knee wraps just to overload the ole quaddage

ReputationRep:
    Squats

5 x 3 at 60kg

BHN Jerks

3 x 3 at 60kg

Bench Press

3 x 5 at 40kg

Just a bit of a stretch and move session, early night and tons of food tomorrow - heavy push press it is!

ReputationRep:
    Looks a bit like one of my workouts! That was light!

ReputationRep:
    Following; this is so awesome hope you get what you want dude.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I absolutely do support putting any substance in the body you own so you know this isn't a condescending speech - but certain things such as :leaf: set one back and these can be cultivated by a kid who doesn't know how to write his own name.

Roids must set a pretty huge hole in your wallet right? What's the expense and dosage et. al. of human growth hormone, steroids, how do you know if it is correctly made etc? You can't exactly recognize or smell or taste or ... test right? I mean doping is a massive problem in professional cycling by far the filthiest sport and to buy a machine for growth hormone tests exceeds £20 thousand. These dudes pay millions of euros to doctors for "training plans" just to get EPO and blood doping steroids testosterone etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Looks a bit like one of my workouts! That was light!
    Tuesday and thrusday are just to keep moving - active recovery if you will and technique work.

Helps massively in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Fridays fun

Push Press

140 x 1
    155 x 1

Strict Press

100 x 8

Dips

60 x 6

Pull Ups

3 x 5 bw to loosen off

Pub!

ReputationRep:
    How many sets and reps of "pub" did you do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnockoffNeil)
    How many sets and reps of "pub" did you do??
    I worked to failure

ReputationRep:
    Sunday

Squats

140 x 3
    160 x 1
    180 x 1
    200 x 1
    220 x 1
    240 x 1 - got it up ok but my form was shocking silly boy - this is without knee wraps.

Bulgarian Split Squat

60kg x 5 x 3 sets

Stretches

3 hour nap - nice!

ReputationRep:
    Felt rough yesterday, not enough sleep or food due to various things so felt light and weak in the gym. Did not alot and went home, ate and slept.

Strict Press
    120 x 2 x 2

Some tricep stuff

That was about it

ReputationRep:
    Had a lighter week due to not feeling brill sonothing to shout about weight wise.

Last night got to the gym late

Silver Dollar Deadlift

345kg x 3 reps
    360 x 1 rep

Speed Squats
    up to 145 x 5

Went home, at crispy chicken and chips - was nice!

ReputationRep:
    a light week is a 360 deadlift

I feel inferior

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    a light week is a 360 deadlift

I feel inferior
    So you should, because for now we are.

I feel inspired, ill catch you one day PL.

ReputationRep:
    Just some repping tonight

Push Press

100 x 5
    120 x 5
    140 x 5

Strict press

100kg x 10

One Arm Strict DB

50 x 8 both arms

Bit of light laterals and flye to stretch off

ReputationRep:
    Sunday - Crap sleep so kept it easy

Speed Squats

180 x 3 x 8 sets

Monday

Log clean and press

150 x 1

Shoulder accesory stuff

Wednesday

Squats

255 x 1

Leg Press

400 x 10
    500 x 10
    600 x 5

Hamstring stuff

Volume dropped massively now the comp is drawing close, two more heavy sessions left then its cruise gear until the 14th

Friday will be Log and Deadlift

Sunday will be speed squats and Yoke/Frame Carry

Next week will be loosener stuff only.

Feeling good and strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Event is second weekend in May.
    How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    I was also wondering this.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a field report for this.

Walked in to the comp venue and was in a land of giants, my 20st frame not looking so large next to the behemoths I was faced with.

Big Loz was lifting but just for fun – he went first on every event just to set a pace.

Max Log

Staring weight was 125kg increases in 10kg jumps then once at 145kg you can miss weights and it goes up in 5s

I got 135kg, the press was comically easy, the clean was not – I knew this would be a weak event for me, was hoping it was no so weak as this though. Joint last
    Winning weight was 170kgs

280kg Squat

I had the pleasure of being first after Loz on this, he nailed 5 easy reps and per the usual the strongman style warm ups did me not so good.

Got one rep, two guys hit 10 reps, several people no repped on this – I was about 5/6 in the standings here so got decent points. Nice to see they were strict on depth though!

370kg Axle Deadlift – suppose tobe18inches but was more like 16inches

I was last on this, again several no reppers, Dave Meer nailed 13 reps :-O

I got one rep on this again for a similar points to the squat.

Iwasn’t in terrible shape here, the first two events were my bogie events of late and the next lot I was looking forward too.

Viking Press

We had a 30min break after the deadlift, I tried to stay warm but it just wasn’t happening, we each got a quick few reps on a 60kg bar then it was onto 140kgs

Nailed the first rep easily but something went in my trap delt on the left, the second rep was so tough and aggravated it more – had to finish it.

Winner hit 17 reps

Deadlift Hold 380kgs Approx

Couple of guys couldn’t get it up at all, I got it up and was comfortable aside my trap which was excruciating, I had to drop it due to this – I could have won this event I think!

Medly

Pulled out of the medly as I couldn’t lift my left arm up properly and as I was well out of the running I took discretion as the better part of valour.

Gutted with injury as I think I would have realistically been about 5th in a monster crowd – but live and learn. Had a great day out and some monsters brought me down to earth in terms of what I need to do.

As predicted my log and squat need the most work so these will be targeted,I need extra bodyweight too so the squats make sense (Loz has advised to work heavy 5s as there is rarely a max squat) my target for the end of this year is 320kg x 3-5 with wraps and a belt – given form is a weakness of mine it is achievable.

Pressing power is there but need to learn to clean the log properly.

Fortunately the trap/delt wasn’t badly injured, if I was in the running I could have grimaced through and had a few weeks off, as it is now I was back in the gym yesterday for a loosener.

Feeling charged up and focussed for the future now though, seeing the monsters in action has made me decide I only want to lift against them, no point doing lower level shows with guys I can beat up – smallest of the big boys I may be, but I wont be for long!!!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.