Turn on thread page Beta

Build up to Midlands Strongest Man watch

ReputationRep:
    Seems like it was a good experience overall though?

Sorry about the injury, sounds crap! Hopefully it won't bother you too much in the future. What event are you targeting next?

ReputationRep:
    I’m not sure to be honest, this competition was a real eye opener for me but it has also lit a fire under my testicles!

I have been searching for competitions that I consider heavy enough, and the only one that I can find at the moment is Wales strongest man – of course there is a problem there! Despite my surname I am very much English. I may see if I can lift as a guest lifter.

My main focus now is improving two major weak areas, firstly my squat needs a lot of work. I will be squatting twice a week running the 4 week 3 day Smolov routine over 6 weeks with a more conservative target of massively improving my squat in good form (I have a tendency to lose form with max weights and use my stronger back).
    And of course my bane the Log, I can press it pretty easily so my overhead work will remain the same, but I need work on the clean. Log cleans will beaded three times a week, twice from blocks and once from the hang – I’ll nail this and surprise a few people at my next competition.

Coupled with event training with big Loz and Dave Meer twice a month plus my own stuff and that should pretty much take care of the weak areas.

I will also be aiming to put on around 10-15kgs (trough diet, hypertrophy and the use of gear) over the course of the next year or so.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.