Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a Research Master student at the Faculty of Spatial Sciences at the University of Groningen (The Netherlands).
    I will be in Durham for a research visit at the Department of Geography of the University of Durham in May.
    Therefore, I am looking for temporary accomodation for this period.

However, I find it very hard to find some temporary accomodation! I contacted several different organisations, however none of them were able to offer me accommodation for this period. And staying in a hotel is quite expensive for a whole month!
    Does anyone have some accommodation for me available or some good suggestions to find one?

At the moment I am quite desperate

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried all the colleges? normally they will have rooms available at good rates. Also have you asked the department for help? Im sure this is a fairly common problem and they probably have a solution

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried http://www.durhamstudentpad.co.uk/ You can post messages on there if you don't see anything suitable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linden1988)
    I am a Research Master student at the Faculty of Spatial Sciences at the University of Groningen (The Netherlands).
    I will be in Durham for a research visit at the Department of Geography of the University of Durham in May.
    Therefore, I am looking for temporary accomodation for this period.

However, I find it very hard to find some temporary accomodation! I contacted several different organisations, however none of them were able to offer me accommodation for this period. And staying in a hotel is quite expensive for a whole month!
    Does anyone have some accommodation for me available or some good suggestions to find one?

At the moment I am quite desperate
    Definitely email the colleges - the Geography Dept is at the science site, so the closest colleges are Mary's, Grey and Collingwood but your meetings/etc might not be there, and no college is further than 20 mins' walk from the science site anyway.

You should be able to get a special rate at the colleges if you're staying for a whole month, and most of them have postgrad corridors/buildings so it shouldn't be too noisy!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    Thank you for your suggestions
    I couldn't find anything on the studentpad website.
    I contacted the Ustinov College and Event Durham, but they weren't able to offer me accommodation for this period. I will try to contact the other colleges as you suggested
    Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.