Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a Research Master student at the Faculty of Spatial Sciences at the University of Groningen (The Netherlands).
    I will be in Durham for a research visit at the Department of Geography of the University of Durham in May.
    Therefore, I am looking for temporary accomodation for this period.

However, I find it very hard to find some temporary accomodation! I contacted several different organisations, however none of them were able to offer me accommodation for this period. And staying in a hotel is quite expensive for a whole month!
    Does anyone have some accommodation for me available or some good suggestions to find one?

At the moment I am quite desperate

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried all the colleges? normally they will have rooms available at good rates. Also have you asked the department for help? Im sure this is a fairly common problem and they probably have a solution

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried http://www.durhamstudentpad.co.uk/ You can post messages on there if you don't see anything suitable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linden1988)
    I am a Research Master student at the Faculty of Spatial Sciences at the University of Groningen (The Netherlands).
    I will be in Durham for a research visit at the Department of Geography of the University of Durham in May.
    Therefore, I am looking for temporary accomodation for this period.

However, I find it very hard to find some temporary accomodation! I contacted several different organisations, however none of them were able to offer me accommodation for this period. And staying in a hotel is quite expensive for a whole month!
    Does anyone have some accommodation for me available or some good suggestions to find one?

At the moment I am quite desperate
    Definitely email the colleges - the Geography Dept is at the science site, so the closest colleges are Mary's, Grey and Collingwood but your meetings/etc might not be there, and no college is further than 20 mins' walk from the science site anyway.

You should be able to get a special rate at the colleges if you're staying for a whole month, and most of them have postgrad corridors/buildings so it shouldn't be too noisy!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    Thank you for your suggestions
    I couldn't find anything on the studentpad website.
    I contacted the Ustinov College and Event Durham, but they weren't able to offer me accommodation for this period. I will try to contact the other colleges as you suggested
    Thanks!

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.