The Student Room Group

To what extent should girls 'play it cool'?

Guys, to what extent to you like girls to play it cool? I'm a very guarded girl and this is just the way I am, I always play it cool but it just comes naturally. But, I'm very against 'playing games' or messing around with someone's mind, so if I'm letting things develop with a guy then it does mean I like them. If I don't, I just don't reciprocate in any way or make it clear how I feel.
However, obviously the guy doesn't know this, they usually just think I don't really care. Would this be a problem? I tend to just be really chilled out about things and if they want to see me they can, if not then that's fine. I'm never overly touchy-feely at the beginning, if we're together I won't be all over them, it would just appear as if we're friends. And I hate PDA with a passion! I also can't deal with the constant texting throughout the day that some of my couple friends do, I'm usually never the first to text the guy in the first few weeks... but I do respond. Usually with a bit of a time gap.
NONE of this is me intentionally playing 'hard-to-get' or anything, it's genuinely just the way I am. Would this be a problem for you? I'm just generally having doubts about myself, am I a complete nightmare?!
Reply 1
If you really were chilled about life, you wouldn't use Anon.

That aside, not being clingy is brilliant. Guys hate clingy bitches.
I can't stand game players or girls who try to get me to chase after them like a dog after a stick, just so they can feel like they have power over me. I'm always like straight up GTFO.

However, if you go for the kind of guy 95% of girls go for (pretty boy players), then actually game playing works in your favour. They're used to securing gash by the hour, so stretching it to two makes you more interesting to them. Just what I think
Whats PDA stand for? (in this context)
Reply 4
Original post by Phillipsherman
Whats PDA stand for? (in this context)

Public Display of Affection :smile:
Reply 5
If thats the way you are then dont change for any guy. The best you can do is reassure them that thats just how you do things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending