Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephie.u3)
    sorrydidn't answer your question...nah not with chickens after school i work in a nursery/primary after school club
    That's nice!

ahhh: where did the photos go?

ReputationRep:
    well the pic of my garden is still there but i have no idea where the pics of the chickens have gone maybe poster deleted them:'( they were soooo cute!!

ReputationRep:
    well the pic of my garden is still there but i have no idea where the pics of the chickens have gone maybe poster deleted them:'( they were soooo cute!!
    I thought I was the poster?!
    I'll find them again to repost their mega cuteness. I'm so happy that I didn't lose all their photos.

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Error)
    I thought I was the poster?!
    I'll find them again to repost their mega cuteness. I'm so happy that I didn't lose all their photos.

xx
    oh haha!! sorry i couldn't remember who had posted them...yeah please do and i'll get pics of mine up tommorow x x
    hope you dont mind me asking but how old are you guys?? jw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerAnthems)
    We've got four, named them Tikka, Korma, Vindaloo and Geoff. No joke!
    Hahaa - one of my chickens is also called Tikka!! She's a brute XD

ReputationRep:
    We have 8 chickens - Elsie-May, Rosie, Lily, Tikka, Dora, Betty, Delia and Nigella !!!

ReputationRep:
    AS STUDENT..you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pHneutral)
    AS STUDENT..you?
    SAAAMEE x

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 chickens in my garden- I thought they were quite boring before we had them. But its so nice to be chased around the garden in the morning and discover little eggs

Their names are Happy, Henna & Cuckoo.
    Though we have had 4 others which didn't survive long and for no particular reason.

Name:  Chucks.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  81.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_unicorn)
    I have 3 chickens in my garden- I thought they were quite boring before we had them. But its so nice to be chased around the garden in the morning and discover little eggs

Their names are Happy, Henna & Cuckoo.
    Though we have had 4 others which didn't survive long and for no particular reason.

Name:  Chucks.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  81.6 KB
    teehee thats sweet shame about the other 4!!

ReputationRep:
    Awh this thread makes me want to keep some chicken really badly Sucks I have a tiny uphill type of garden and they'll probably get nicked/killed where I live

ReputationRep:
    Get a few more and cram them into your blacked-out shed. Ensure they are constantly fed a high fat/protein diet with plenty of growth hormones. This way you will get the most eggs/meat in the least amount of time.

P.S. Don't forget to clip off their beaks and claws (no anaethetic, think of the £££) and take out any dead ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    Awh this thread makes me want to keep some chicken really badly Sucks I have a tiny uphill type of garden and they'll probably get nicked/killed where I live
    Give it a go..
    I am giving it a go.
    You can save lives and get free chickens at

http://bhwt.org.uk/cms/

Hopefully you will never regret it.
    All you need is just scure garden, and a little box for them to go in at night.
    Any life you provide them will be better than they have ever had. Watch below you get an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjrmQjkr0tQ

ReputationRep:
    A2 (:

ReputationRep:
    Dodo (M), Winnie (F), Bella (F)

Dodo, Winnie, Bella

2 Rhode Island reds

The family: Mickey, Minnie, Hazel, Eva

Dodo :P

(: (: (:

ReputationRep:
    Give it a go..
    I am giving it a go.
    You can save lives and get free chickens at

http://bhwt.org.uk/cms/

Hopefully you will never regret it.
    All you need is just scure garden, and a little box for them to go in at night.
    Any life you provide them will be better than they have ever had.
    You found the website! (: (: (:
    Do you know when you're getting them?!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Error)
    You found the website! (: (: (:
    Do you know when you're getting them?!

xxx
    i dont know yet..
    waiting for a reply from them...
    I really wanted to do this...
    free at last is a good charity too...i would reccomend everyone to have a look at it

and good news is, my family is happy with the idea since it goes really well with their religious beliefs (animals have to be treated to a very high standard in my religion ..lol )

ReputationRep:
    i dont know yet..
    waiting for a reply from them...
    I really wanted to do this...
    free at last is a good charity too...i would reccomend everyone to have a look at it
    Agreed. (:
    I'm glad your family is happy with the idea.

What religion are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Error)
    Agreed. (:
    I'm glad your family is happy with the idea.

What religion are you?
    erm..we are not allowed to treat animals badly at all, battery farming/ hunting for fun sports/ betting on animals to fight eachother etc is not allowed at all.

I am a muslim, prophet mohamad (who we believe was the last messenger after jesus) had a lot of respect and love for animals and would get very angry for bad treatment of animals.

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whilst a man was walking on the road, he became very thirsty. He found a well so he went down into it and drank, then he came out. There he saw a dog that was panting and biting the ground out of thirst. The man said: this dog is feeling the same thirst that I felt. So he went back down into the well and filled his shoe with water, then he held it in his mouth until he climbed back up, and he gave the water to the dog. Allaah appreciated (his action) and forgave him.” They said: O Messenger of Allaah, will we have reward with regard to these animals? He said: “In every living thing there is reward.”

There are many more stories -in a nut shell animal have to treated with love!!
    Last few days, i have done lots and lots of research on chickens and hoping I will be able to lookafter the ex battery hens. I am suppose to get 6!!!.:rolleyes:

I know i said it would be three...but it kinda got doubled after parents agreed!

ReputationRep:
    I am suppose to get 6!!!.:rolleyes:

I know i said it would be three...but it kinda got doubled after parents agreed!
    oh wow!
    You're really going to enjoy it, and especially when they start laying eggs.
    When you get them, I'd love to see photos!
    xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.