Turn on thread page Beta

[Album] Katy B - On A Mission - Thoughts? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    After the amazingness of James Blake's album, I'm quite excited about this album and the Jamie Woon one as well

Hurry up Spotify

I actually really like Lights On, and I hate Broken Record , On A Mission was a grower on me and I love it now. Nice to see Benga repping the ends :teeth:
    Yeah not feeling Broken Record as much either.

I remember reading that Lights On was filmed in Vauxhall.

ReputationRep:
    Listened to it last night. Really, really enjoyed it. Might listen to it again before I sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Miss Dynamite is unbelievably dusty. I bet you she will end up supporting Katy B.

I'm going to the Manchester gig. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    CHAV

ReputationRep:
    Nay.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not usually a fan of pop, more of a d'n'b and dubstep guy, but I really enjoyed all of the singles from the album. As the mp3 is £3.99 on amazon, would you guys say it's worth a shot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ButterflyWishes)
    CHAV
    Gtfo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Man-in-the-Moon)
    I'm not usually a fan of pop, more of a d'n'b and dubstep guy, but I really enjoyed all of the singles from the album. As the mp3 is £3.99 on amazon, would you guys say it's worth a shot?
    Yeah, the songs are available to listen on Youtube aswell..

Try before you buy kinda thing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I found a song of hers on my iTunes from 3 years ago which I appear to like just as much as Lights On (Tell Me w/ DJ NG) - I don't really like the Katy On A Mission single though.
    Lol, I found some old stuff of hers on my laptop too from a few years back. Some DnB and Funky House with her vocals.

DJ NG ft Katy B & MC Versatile - Tell Me
    DJ Zinc - Take Me With You (ft. Katy B)
    Geenus - As I (ft Katy B)

Those three are pretty decent.. esp. the DJ Zinc one.

As for her new music, I really like it. Sounds fresh, does her own **** and I'm actually not that big a fan of Lights On.

Broken Record is good, 'Perfect Stranger' was mental when I first heard it .. High as ****

ReputationRep:
    Katy B's wicked, been looking forward to the album for ages and it didn't disappoint. Katy On A Mission's still my favourite track though, great stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InAPickle:()
    Yeah, the songs are available to listen on Youtube aswell..

Try before you buy kinda thing..
    In the end I just went for an impulse buy. It was £3.99 so it didn't make a huge dent in the wallet, and I actually enjoyed the album.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd classify her as pop though....

Lord forbid.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the tunes on her album are influenced by dubstep, garage, funky, jungle etc, albeit more accessible takes on them. Definitely sets it apart from the average pop album.

ReputationRep:
    Think the standards i set for the album where a little high, still, good listen. Broken Record, Witches Brew, Katy On A Mission, big tunes, great voice.

ReputationRep:
    I'll give it another listen later, but first impressions are excellent. Highlights for me were on a mission, disappear, broken record and perfect stranger.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.