Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i applied to do a child nursing diploma at city university in London at the beginning of January.. i have heard back from all other unis applied for but not city? City would be my first choice and i reeaallllyyy want to go there. im just getting worried now as im reading everyone has already been given offers and interviews etc etc.
    when should i deffinetly hear from them by? does his basically mean im unsucessful?!?! HELPPP!!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Is this the post grad diploma for children's nursing starting in sept?

I applied too, head back a couple of months ago with an offer through email, maybe ring and ask??

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sarah, oh cool I didn't realise they were still interviewing for the September intake! Yeah the interview was fine, quite informal! The day started as a couple of slideshows etc. with adult nursing students and mental health nursing students, then we were all left in a room to talk whist they interviewed us one by one in a room nearby.

They just asked why I want to do it, why I think I would be good at it, what I understand typical nurse roles to be, something in the news recently to do with child nursing etc. and then just talked about the long hours and travel etc. whether I would be up to it!

Good luck with your interview! What degree are you doing at the moment? And have you applied anywhere else for child nursing?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sarah!

Yeah I bet, good luck with you interview, it sounds like you have a lot of experience etc! Well I didn't know what to say either, and childhood obesity was the first thing that came to mind.. not sure if that's the sort of thing they were hoping to hear but when I told my manager at work (who often interviews students) she said that was fine!

I'm currently in my last year studying Criminology, so slightly different! Which is why I was so worried I wouldn't get in! haha

Oh cool, well best of luck with your interview tomorrow, let us know how you get on.. I heard back about a week later!

ReputationRep:
    Interview was ok, found out i got a place for september. So really happy about that.
    Is there anyone else that has got a place at city for pg dip nursing starting then?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone I didn't hear back from City for ages bit found out on the 12th that I have recieved an unconditional offer for the mental health nursing diploma! Anyone else starting their first year nursing in september?

ReputationRep:
    is the under graduate diploma or post graduate?

ReputationRep:
    under graduate =)

ReputationRep:
    Starting in september as well, getting excited about studying again. Think it's going to be great to be in London Where abouts are you from? Got far to move.
    I'm living down in Brighton, only thing i'm not looking foward to is moving again!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm starting the PG Dip in Adult Nursing in September as well. Really looking forward to it. I'm from Ireland and trying to find accommodation at the moment. The Halls are too expensive so looking for shared housing. Looking for other people to share with if anyone is interested?

Mairead

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=GroegerM;31256738]Hi,

I'm starting the PG Dip in Adult Nursing in September as well. Really looking forward to it. I'm from Ireland and trying to find accommodation at the moment. The Halls are too expensive so looking for shared housing. Looking for other people to share with if anyone is interested?

Mairead[/QU

Hello,
    Have you tried Gumtree.com. Good website and seems to split London into locations etc which makes it easier. I have some family and decided to live with them as can't afford rent. But see you in September, excited!
    What part of London are you thinking of living in? If i wasn't living with family think it would be great to live with other people doing the same course. Wishing you good luck on your accomodation hunt Let me know how you get on

Sarah

ReputationRep:
    I've been lookin everywhere alot of stuff avail now. so just waiting for july/ august stuff to come up. Your lucky you have relatives in london. Looking forward to Septmeber all the same. Can't wait to meet everyone. Are you on facebook? I'm on it as Mairead Groeger if you want to link up. Let you know how the hunt goes.

M

ReputationRep:
    Yes that would be nice to link up on facebook. Add you later on. Feels like such a relief to have family in London. I'm looking foward to September and meeting everyone as well. Ok well good luck with the hunt, you have a lot further to move than i do. Are you living in Ireland at the moment?
    When did you have your interview for City? Sorry bout all the questions

Sarah

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I will begin studying the postgrad childrens nursing course at City in Sept. Anyone else studying this branch?

How is everyone preparing for the start? Now I've accepted my place I'm not sure where to look for info. I'm so excited about it though

Katie

ReputationRep:
    Hello Katie,
    I'm studying that branch as well in September. I haven't really started preparing but did get a book called 'An introduction to the social history of nursing' to read a bit of background on how nursing has changed. Also looking into getting a book called 'the student nurse handbook' by Bethann Siviter, meant to be good as well.
    I'm looking foward to starting, seems like a while to go but i know time will fly!

Sarah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessiewessieno1)
    Hey everyone I didn't hear back from City for ages bit found out on the 12th that I have recieved an unconditional offer for the mental health nursing diploma! Anyone else starting their first year nursing in september?
    Hi Jessie,

I am starting at city to study Mental Health Nursing on the 5th September! Really excited! Currently work in a medium secure hospital on a PICU ward and being seconded by the trust. You working in mental health atm?

Matt

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in september doing Mental health PGdip, and still needing a place to live! think it'd be much better living with other people who have to work shifts etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Just been chatting with a fellow mental health pgdip student and he recommended this thread. Im also looking for people to share with in Sep. Anyone found anything good? be ace to live with fellow nurses.
    Kate

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys a few of us have linked up on facebook and are planning to go house hunting on 5th of aug after signing the CRB forms in the college. Anyone interested let me know by PM can give details.
    Mairead

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I am starting pgdip Adult Nursing in September also. I have a bit of advice re househunting in London. If you have all decided to look together for a house a really good agency is 'club easy'. I found my place through them, a really nice house in surrey quays for cheap rent- much cheaper than anything i found on spareroom.com. Any questions let me know- I would be happy to help! Or add me on facebook- Lauren Plummer

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.