Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Helloha everyone, my first post haha

    My amazing girlfriend of 2 years and I will be moving in together in September

    I'll be 19 and going to University in September (recieving full student support only, as my parents are effectively dead to me) and she'll be 16 and going to college to do A levels. At that time she'll be completely estranged from her abuse parents, therefore only getting money from EMA (£20 a week) and possibly the Hardship fund.

    Due to this she'll be completely inancially dependant upon me, hence this question :cool: Can I claim her on student finance as being a financial dependant? If so do they count her as a child or an adult?

    Many Thanks in Advance


    No, she will not be classed as an adult dependent.

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.