Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok I am not too sure where to put this... Hope I am in the right place.

I have recently done my poster presentation session for my final project... I suffer from anxiety, which makes presentations and question answering more different... I had special arrangements (due to the anxiety) which meant I was in another room from the main crowd (there were 2 others)... First assessor came around and that went fine, in fact I was less nervous afterwards than before... However the room I was in had a class in shortly later so I had to leave... So I went to the main room (less busy but still bustling sort of), the other 2 went home as they have been assessed twice. The project coordinator (who arranged the special arrangements) was apologetic and set me up in the less busier corner, and also apologised about the lateness of the second assessor as they were in a class (I thought fair enough what can he do now at the time)... Second assessor came along, she was great, but I kept getting distracted by other lecturers peeping at my poster and it was frustrating as I kept losing my trial of thought due to the distractions. Don't get me wrong, it is the first I have done this without crying afterwards, which is a good sign I guess.

I do not want to make an official complaint (they were so nice) and I don't think extenuating circumstances applies (or does it?)... would it be worth speaking to the student advisors to see if there would be some leniency in the marks or would the assessor already have done this (well I think she knew I suffered from anxiety)?

Opinions?x

ReputationRep:
    it will already be taken into account but there can only be limits on how much leniency you get to your circumstances.

lets just hope that you didnt use so many brackets on your poster.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.