Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If i get into my desired university and it turns out im not happy/ dont really want to carry on with that specific course then is there anything i can do about it? Can i change my course into something else?

ReputationRep:
    You probably can do, but you may have to start again in 1st year (so therefore pay for an extra year). However it will depend on if you are qualified for the course you want to change to, whether they have places etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    yeah they should let you do it i did it at mine! but make sure you do it within the first 4 weeks of university otherwise it'll be virtually impossible to catch up on the work and the uni will be funny about it.
    are you having doubts about your course already? if you are thinking or wanting to change it as soon as you get your conditional/unconditional offer ring up and ask if you can, if they've offered you a place and the other course has space and meets your grade requirements it should be no problem

ReputationRep:
    ahhh thanks would E-mail be better or ring them up do you think ?

ReputationRep:
    ring them as it goes direct, no waiting around and you can get the right person. what would be better is that you go in and find the 'undergraduate admissions' in the main university office-y bit? but otherwise phone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.