Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically i am just trying to find the best way to help my son. He keeps getting recalled for acting degrees and then not getting the place. He is seriously disheartened now and has used up all his choices except extra. Have you known anyone to get a place on an acting degree through clearing as this looks like it might be his last option. If you do know someone who has done which uni was it. He is really talented (not just my opinion) but not quite getting there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eeyore)
    Basically i am just trying to find the best way to help my son. He keeps getting recalled for acting degrees and then not getting the place. He is seriously disheartened now and has used up all his choices except extra. Have you known anyone to get a place on an acting degree through clearing as this looks like it might be his last option. If you do know someone who has done which uni was it. He is really talented (not just my opinion) but not quite getting there.
    I'm aware that applications to drama schools are very very competitive, and it seems that it isn't uncommon for applicants to take 3 or 4 years before being given a place. It seems for some schools, the first application year is almost a practice for the real thing in the next few years. At the moment, Extra is open to him so he should consider his options there. Is there anything he is interested in? Has he considered taking a gap year?

I've moved this to the creative arts forum as you'll get a better response there

ReputationRep:
    Try applying independently to Birmingham School of Acting or Oxford School of Drama

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 1, 2011

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.