Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I have a really bad tooth and the dentist asked would I like to save it or just get it pulled. I opted to save it and started getting treatment for it yesterday, getting the bad stuff from my roots cleaned out. She said it would take a few weeks for it to be completely finished which I was fine with and was looking forward to not being in pain and still having the tooth.
    However, I woke up this morning and a big chunk of the tooth fell out and the stuff she packed it with its still holding up. I'm in agony, I've taken ibuprofen and its not helping when usually it does. Also the half that is still there, is really sharp and my tongue is getting a bit cut up. I think now that half the tooth is already gone, I'll just have to get it pulled out. I'm suppose to be going back on Friday but I dont think I'll be able to wait that long with this pain.
    Should I try get an appointment for today of even tomorrow just to get it pulled out? Has anyone else had this sort of problem?

    Well if a chunk of tooth fell out and the dentist had not told me that was supposed to happen I would be on the phone as soon as surgery opened it's doors asking for advice and an appointment.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.