Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi fellows,
    I'm still in 10th grade and i'm already planning my studies. I live in Lithuania (EU) and here is almost none information about studying abroad. And i would like to study Accounting & Finance in UK.

SO, i found some universities and faced a problem:
    What does that mean:
    • LSE:
      Standard A level offer: AAA
      Standard IB offer: 38 points with 7,6,6 or 6,6,6 at HL
    • Warwick:
      AAA plus AS level B or A*AA including A in Maths or Further Maths.

Must also have a humanities or social science subject.

38 overall including at least 6 in Higher Level Maths. Must also have a humanities or social science subject.
    • City (Cass):
      A-levels: A*AA including maths

BTEC NND: Distinction Distinction Distinction plus A-level maths or a science at grade A

IB: 35 points overall including 7,6,6 in Higher Level subjects (one of which must be maths or a science) and 5 in all Standard Level subjects. Consideration will be given to 1 bonus point.

International Students: A comprehensive list of International equivalents to follow. (because i'm from Europe. :pierre:)

GCSE: Maths (grade A) and English language (grade C) or equivalent.

In my 12th year of school i will be taking 3 exams:
    • Lithuanian (compulsory)
    • English
    • Maths

Also from 11th grade i will have Lithuanian, English, Mathematics in A level and i'm thinking of taking History, but i don't think it is compulsory for Accounting & Finance.

Also please tell me what is:
    • IB points
    • Structure of IB points

ENORMOUS thanks to all who read all this ?.

I would be very glad if you could help me by contacting or posting here ?.
    Facebook: Benas Kazlauskas

Looking forward to hearing from you, CHEERS. :cool:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    IB stands for international baccalaureate and is an education system, where instead of getting grades like A, B, C, D, etc, you get numbers. You mention you're doing A Levels, therefore, you just ignore the whole thing about IB points and just concentrate on what it says for A Level. If you're not doing A Levels and I've misunderstood and you're not doing the IB either, then contact the universities you are interested in and find out their standard offer for your education system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    IB stands for international baccalaureate and is an education system, where instead of getting grades like A, B, C, D, etc, you get numbers. You mention you're doing A Levels, therefore, you just ignore the whole thing about IB points and just concentrate on what it says for A Level. If you're not doing A Levels and I've misunderstood and you're not doing the IB either, then contact the universities you are interested in and find out their standard offer for your education system.
    In my country i do get numbers as a mark, not letters. So i should look to IB requirements?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ben47)
    In my country i do get numbers as a mark, not letters. So i should look to IB requirements?
    What is your education system? It looks like you don't do the IB (as you didn't know what it was). Therefore, you should find out the entry requirements for your education system specifically.

ReputationRep:
    What is your education system? It looks like you don't do the IB (as you didn't know what it was). Therefore, you should find out the entry requirements for your education system specifically.
    From 11th grade we start to choose levels of subjects (A for advanced or B). I mean the class is divided into 2 groups: those who chose to, for example learn History in A course(for advanced), and those who want to take in in B course (easier one) In the end of 12th (final) grade we take exams which we want or need, but Lithuanian language exam is compulsory. Our marks of subjects, tests, etc. are numbers, like 10, 9, 8 ,7... From exams, as a mark we get percents, like 100%, 92%, 84%... (from 0% to 100%). I will take these exams - Lithuanian, English, Maths.
    So, i want to know what that means:
    AAA plus AS level B or A*AA including A in Maths or Further Maths.
    What is
    AAA
    AS level B
    A*AA
    If you could only translate those "codes" :confused:
    And what are the requirements of my exams for entry? If i get 80% of exam, what letter is that? Sorry for my mistakes...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ben47)
    From 11th grade we start to choose levels of subjects (A for advanced or B). I mean the class is divided into 2 groups: those who chose to, for example learn History in A course(for advanced), and those who want to take in in B course (easier one) In the end of 12th (final) grade we take exams which we want or need, but Lithuanian language exam is compulsory. Our marks of subjects, tests, etc. are numbers, like 10, 9, 8 ,7... From exams, as a mark we get percents, like 100%, 92%, 84%... (from 0% to 100%). I will take these exams - Lithuanian, English, Maths.
    So, i want to know what that means: What is
    If you could only translate those "codes" :confused:
    And what are the requirements of my exams for entry? If i get 80% of exam, what letter is that? Sorry for my mistakes...
    The 'AAA', 'AS level B' and 'A*AA' all refer to A Levels which is the education system in England. You can IGNORE this. I am not too familiar with the Lithuanian education system therefore, to answer your last questions: Email the admissions people at the universities you are interested in and ask them for their entry requirements for the Lithuanian education system (does it have a name?)

Hope this makes things clear.

ReputationRep:
    The 'AAA', 'AS level B' and 'A*AA' all refer to A Levels which is the education system in England. You can IGNORE this. I am not too familiar with the Lithuanian education system therefore, to answer your last questions: Email the admissions people at the universities you are interested in and ask them for their entry requirements for the Lithuanian education system (does it have a name?)

Hope this makes things clear.
    OK, now it's a little bit more clear. Could you please tell me, what IB points consist of? Because it says:
    Standard IB offer: 38 points with 7,6,6 or 6,6,6 at HL
    So what are the 3 subjects, from which the marks are given (7,6,6 or 6,6,6 at HL)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ben47)
    OK, now it's a little bit more clear. Could you please tell me, what IB points consist of? Because it says:
    So what are the 3 subjects, from which the marks are given (7,6,6 or 6,6,6 at HL)
    There are no specific subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben47)
    A-levels: A*AA including maths

BTEC NND: Distinction Distinction Distinction plus A-level maths or a science at grade A

IB: 35 points overall including 7,6,6 in Higher Level subjects (one of which must be maths or a science) and 5 in all Standard Level subjects. Consideration will be given to 1 bonus point.

International Students: A comprehensive list of International equivalents to follow. (because i'm from Europe :pierre: )

GCSE: Maths (grade A) and English language (grade C) or equivalent.
    Actually you should check the international student requirements. International means not national meaning non-uk.

Entrance requirements LSE

Undergraduate

The school-leaving qualification from Lithuania is not acceptable as an entry qualification for LSE. Applicants from Lithuania would be expected to offer, either instead or in addition, one of the following:
    • 3 A-levels
    • The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
    • At least 5 'Group A' Advanced Placement subjects (see the College Board and UCAS websites)
    • A University of London External Programme qualification
    • A foundation course (See EducationUK for more detail)
    • A year of university study from another institution*

Source: LSE

ReputationRep:
    GOOD choice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 21, 2011

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.