ReputationRep:
    i'm seeing him on sunday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drummy)
    Is Brian Cox rubbish or what?
    **** you :troll: you just don't like science

ReputationRep:
    I'd just like to get my point across:

Brian Cox is an arse. Who does he think he is when he's standing on top of the icy mountain? some science god? :facepalm: He had D grade in A level maths and he entered uni as a mature student. He only receives recognition because he makes science more popular. It's probably a government scam to get more people to do their science A levels. I don't have anything against him, but I just don't feel like he deserves to be there even though he's so passionate about it.

it's presenters like Michio Kaku who deserve the medal :top: lectured for 30 years, I'd rather listen to him than a grad

Jim Al-khalili is good too, I had the privilege of attending one of his lectures at UCL about medieval islam and alchemy

ReputationRep:
    Brian is awesome

Get your Brian Cox out

ReputationRep:
    HE LOOKS YOUNG FOR HIS AGE lol

ReputationRep:
    That programme did have an awful lot of dramatic poses against the sunset and such

I don't judge him as a person, but his Wonders programs really do annoy me. Why, if you are talking about the universe, do you spend half the bloody program standing in front of a scenic vista with your hair waving around? He takes so long to explain simple points it's boring to watch. For me, if you're going to make an educational program, it should be more about the science than wavy hair and footage that looks good on BBC HD. If you want to make a wildlife or geographical documentary, do it. But if you're talking about the universe, stick to footage from the universe, and if you don't have enough, don't try to stretch it out to an hour or over a whole series.

ReputationRep:
    brian cox is such a babe. just want to cuddle with him whilst discussing particle physics:lovie:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)

:rofl:
    :laugh: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I loveee him!
    He lectures at the University of Manchester which is my firm
    I may not be studying Physics but I'm still hoping I can sneak into one of his lectures.. :love:

ReputationRep:
    From about 0:30 onwards...Jon Culshaw's impressions are uncanny xD

ReputationRep:
    Brian Cox is terrible.

He has the most annoying voice, he goes around poking sticks in sand, and he just repeats scripted speeches based on the discoveries of other scientists.

The Gillian Mckeith of Physics.

I know people will hate what I have said, but that is just my true opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)

:rofl:
    haha "getting completely toasted" is the best bit of that for me

ReputationRep:
    I like brian cox. I think he can deliver what he's passionate about really well to get you interested as well. But I did think that the last episode was quite short on facts and more concentrated on how to make the programme prettier by showing brian at different angles. Slightly annoying.
    Still he's hot

ReputationRep:
    I thought the latest series he did (Wonders of the Universe) was superb.

ReputationRep:
    Did you know Brian Cox is a recovering Speedball addict?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetearth)
    Brian Cox is terrible.

He has the most annoying voice, he goes around poking sticks in sand, and he just repeats scripted speeches based on the discoveries of other scientists.

The Gillian Mckeith of Physics.

I know people will hate what I have said, but that is just my true opinion.
    Contradictory. You said that he just runs through the discoveries and ideas of other scientists. Gillian McKeith ignores all the established facts of food science and promotes her own rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    He seems to be getting the general population interested in science, something that many scientists really struggle with. So for that reason, I like him.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that it's good to get science out to the general public, but most of the stuff he talks about is so... wishy washy and overly philosophical

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.