Turn on thread page Beta

How am I supposed to get rid of extreme guilt from early adolescence.....? watch

Even though Im in my only 20's now, I remembered doing some very strange and immoral acts when I was 14, stuff which I can really talk to anyone about as they will cmpleteley look at me in a different light and its affecting me all the time and everytime I try and think of something else, it just comes back to me and overruns my thought process.

I'm afraid that i will have this guilt forever but its ruling my life. I mean, back then, I felt like a completely different person and didn't thikn about anything, cheers all

ReputationRep:
    Immorals acts? :confused:

Such as?

ReputationRep:
    ^as above. if you teel us what you did, we can tell you if you're overreacting. And we might be able to help.

Plus, we're all nosy buggers.

ReputationRep:
    We all make mistakes when we are young, you need to work though these mistakes, and consider why you did them in the first place and what you have learnt from doing them. You obviously know you down something wrong and have developed as a person from this. You can't change the past but can use your new found knowledge to change the future

If you finding thing severely troubling you, you may want to talk to someone you can trust or a friendly ear, you will learn to forgive yourself, so chin up. I’m here to talk if you need me :-)

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to tell someone so they can help you; the act of telling will help you.

ReputationRep:
    We've all done some. Right?

Everyone lives with the guilt and shame, or wears it as a badge of honour. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Even though Im in my only 20's now, I remembered doing some very strange and immoral acts when I was 14, stuff which I can really talk to anyone about as they will cmpleteley look at me in a different light and its affecting me all the time and everytime I try and think of something else, it just comes back to me and overruns my thought process.

I'm afraid that i will have this guilt forever but its ruling my life. I mean, back then, I felt like a completely different person and didn't thikn about anything, cheers all
    We've all done some bad things in our past but you can always make your future better. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. Try to do more positive good things to make up for the bad things you've done in your past.

But most importantly, time heals, my friend. Time heals.

ReputationRep:
    Mehh....guilt. I know it's cliche, but it's happened and that's that.

Unless repirations need to be made to someone I'd say you try and get over it as it were. That sounds insensitive, but I don't see how feeling guilty is going to help. Unless this is from a religious stance, in which case I['ll offer no real advice, as it's not really my area of expertise

ReputationRep:
    The obvious question is what did you do?

Although many people get up to things at that age and then look back and think wtf was I thinking? :lolwut:

Unless ofc you've done something completely off the scale like murder someone, which I highly doubt!

ReputationRep:

I would recommend counciling which you can receive free of charge. Hope you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    God I'm so nosy I hope it's something really sordid.

Did you suck off a horse or something?

(Original post by Philbert)
    ^as above. if you teel us what you did, we can tell you if you're overreacting. And we might be able to help.

Plus, we're all nosy buggers.
    i shouldnt say

(Original post by Uzzy?)
    The obvious question is what did you do?

Although many people get up to things at that age and then look back and think wtf was I thinking? :lolwut:

Unless ofc you've done something completely off the scale like murder someone, which I highly doubt!
    no murder,haha. Hormone related

ReputationRep:
    i shouldnt say
    Just say it, you're anonymous, it's the internet, we read all sorts of crazy stuff and you were 14!

ReputationRep:
    You molested your little brother?

(Original post by Reflexive)
    God I'm so nosy I hope it's something really sordid.

Did you suck off a horse or something?
    no, haha, thankfully

ReputationRep:
    "Nothing is either good nor bad, but thinking makes it so."

ReputationRep:
    i shouldnt say
    why not?
    you're anonymous anyway

(Original post by agolati)
    Just say it, you're anonymous, it's the internet, we read all sorts of crazy stuff and you were 14!
    I remember sniffing my sister's undies and I think I tried touching her in her sleep, although I don't think I did, I attempted to, which is the source of my guilt. I generally think I am a very moral person these days, which is why this behavius haunts me.

ReputationRep:
    you sick *******...

dw about it mate. i once broke a plate and let the pet dog take the blame.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.