Turn on thread page Beta

How am I supposed to get rid of extreme guilt from early adolescence.....? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I remember sniffing my sister's undies and I think I tried touching her in her sleep, although I don't think I did, I attempted to, which is the source of my guilt. I generally think I am a very moral person these days, which is why this behavius haunts me.
    This is so fricking common its unreal.

You were 14, your hormones were running wild. You should feel some guilt but trust me this will be true of like 1/50 guys.

Want reassurance? Google for one of those "post your anonymous confessions" sites and you will find THOUSANDS of similar or far worse stories.

You are lucky she was asleep, because it could have affected her, but really no harm no foul. You would be seriously surprised how common this kind of stuff is.

ReputationRep:
    I remember sniffing my sister's undies and I think I tried touching her in her sleep, although I don't think I did, I attempted to, which is the source of my guilt. I generally think I am a very moral person these days, which is why this behavius haunts me.
    Is that it? Seriously?

So you smelled something and "attempted" to do something which sounds like you did nothing, and this source of this guilt wracks you until this day? Please get either get a grip or stop trolling.

ReputationRep:
    :eyeball:Say what?

But like I said, it's in the past now. What matters now is that you are a moral person now who is in a position to do a lot of good things and help people. I also feel guilty about a lot of things I done in the past. So I know what you mean. But just focus on making your future more positive and do more good things to those in your everyday lives. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

ReputationRep:
    no murder,haha. Hormone related
    Sex? People lose their virginity way younger or was it molesting? Anyway past is past and there's nothing you can do about it. Put it behind you , although I know its easier said than done. Time will heal, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Hold on.

Was your sister older or younger than you at the time, and if younger... how much younger?

edit - yes i stalked the thread in hopes of finding out what it was... lol im nosey don't judge me.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but how is "smelling" something immoral? So immoral that you are actually losing sleep about it TEN YEARS LATER ON. You must be either a troll or an extremely ****ed up neurotic individual.

Okay so that's a little disturbing.

But you know, nothing has come of it, you've learnt - maybe grown up a bit. Most 14 year olds know sisters are out of bounds, but some 14 year olds are behind, they've got the hormones but not the knowledge. Were you perhaps a little naive?

I don't think you should beat yourself up about this any longer.

One of my brother's friends took a rather uncomfortable interest in my pants around the age of 14 (his age). If he'd been 20 it would be paedophilic, but at 14 and being rather naive/behind on sexual knowledge, I don't think it reflects maliciously on him. Just inappropriate curiosity.

I'd say the same for your case.

(Original post by Lizzzle)
    Hold on.

Was your sister older or younger than you at the time, and if younger... how much younger?

edit - yes i stalked the thread in hopes of finding out what it was... lol im nosey don't judge me.

Im not the judgemental type, she was older by like 5 years so I guess was 19 at time

(Original post by HistoryRepeating)
    This is so fricking common its unreal.

You were 14, your hormones were running wild. You should feel some guilt but trust me this will be true of like 1/50 guys.

Want reassurance? Google for one of those "post your anonymous confessions" sites and you will find THOUSANDS of similar or far worse stories.

You are lucky she was asleep, because it could have affected her, but really no harm no foul. You would be seriously surprised how common this kind of stuff is.
    cheers, I guess you're right. I think about what i do these days and I reallly don't know what got into me, guess itg was curiosity and I didn't have confidence to get a g/f to find out

ReputationRep:
    It's natural to be sexually attracted to your family to some extent; many people are so you shouldn't feel ashamed.

From the sound of it you haven't hurt anyone so nothing to feel bad about there...

also puberty is a very confusing time for everyone, we all do things we perhaps regret in the future. The best thing you can do is learn anything you can from the experience and move on from it.

If it's having a major impact on your life and health however perhaps talk it over with a counsillor as they will help you find ways to deal with your guilt

Im not the judgemental type, she was older by like 5 years so I guess was 19 at time
    You're 14, thinking about sex and girls - there so happens to be an adolescent sexy girl in the house.

She's your sister, you're curious.

It's inappropriate but it's hardly evil. I don't think you should still be worrying about this, it's not like you'd think/do that now (basically because you know better).

(Original post by Lizzie-AJ)
    It's natural to be sexually attracted to your family to some extent; many people are so you shouldn't feel ashamed.

From the sound of it you haven't hurt anyone so nothing to feel bad about there...

also puberty is a very confusing time for everyone, we all do things we perhaps regret in the future. The best thing you can do is learn anything you can from the experience and move on from it.

If it's having a major impact on your life and health however perhaps talk it over with a counsillor as they will help you find ways to deal with your guilt
    Hhhmm, I guess I was never sexually attracted to her, maybe curiosity r something and my 'friends' at schoool were like I bet you don't know what pussy etc. smells like etc

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Lizzie-AJ)
    It's natural to be sexually attracted to your family to some extent; many people are so you shouldn't feel ashamed
    From Norfolk per chance?

ReputationRep:
    Oh in that case its even less of an issue and utterly normal.

It would actually be pretty unusual if you didnt have a mild sexual curiousity towards an older sister at the age of 14.

ReputationRep:
    You smelled your then 19 year old sisters undies and attempted to touch her.

Eh, it's not normal, but puberty affects us in different ways, and that's really not as big of an issue as you made it out to be.

I'd speak to someone like the Samaritans if you feel as though it's really affecting you. I think you just need someone to listen to you and hear you out.

I don't think it's guilt, but rather the burden of holding that inside you.

ReputationRep:
    Its okay mate, trust me thats not too bad! you didnt physically or mentally hurt her doing it so its all gewd

ReputationRep:
    you haven't exactly taken the action to become immoral. so i would suggest you forget about it. ask God for forgiveness (if you believe in him), and just do anything to make sure you never do something like that.
    the fact that this is haunting you means you still a good person who made a mistake once.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a little odd but there are wayy worse things out there!

Honestly, the majority here think you're overreacting about it, so i'd stop worrying too much. If it really bothers you then you can apply for some counselling? I know you can get on-line counselling via email for some occasions if you feel you really can't go in to talk face to face about things.

But as stated previously, telling someone helps, and time helps.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.