The Student Room Group

NEED YOUR HELP NOW please?

I KNOW ITS LONG BUT PLEASE READ. Hi. Ok so here is my situation. I have had a very bad AS Level year and failed my moduals in jan attaining UUE in chemistry, biology, and the E in psychology. I have dropped chemistry and am currently studying biology, psychology, and english lit. I really need ABB MINIMUM to get onto the uni course i want to do. I have exactly 1.5 months till my exams start. I have missed alot of lessons and so pretty much need to learn the following

Biology unit 1/2.
psychology unit 1/2.
English lit all of it again.
(ALL AQA).

I really need to get these grades but i ned ed help on how to go about it. I have 1.5 months left and i need to get these grades. How to i layout my study of both units, which do i revise more, how do i do this.

I am fully aware this is my fault and i have basicly ****ed my self but i am ready now to start, i have not done it the last few times as my teachers for some reason forced me to do my backlog of homework over the past year which has taken up a huge amount of time. Any help, revision tips, timetable tips, learning tips, organisational tips, actually ANYTHING lol. Cheers folks.
Reply 1
Get the endorsed textbook for each course, sit down and do 2 hours extra work for each subject a night, as well as in all your frees and lessons at school, and work for about 10 hours at the weekend and it is doable
Reply 2
Original post by tateco
Get the endorsed textbook for each course, sit down and do 2 hours extra work for each subject a night, as well as in all your frees and lessons at school, and work for about 10 hours at the weekend and it is doable

10 hours a day of revision? Maybe if you're a lobotomized chimp...
Revise and UNDERSTAND the content, don't just stick to the book, if you read up to add a little bit of extra depth t your knowledge then answering questions will be easy.

The most vital thing is, past papers! Do them constantly. :smile:
Reply 4
Organise all the topics and CONDENSE CONDENSE CONDENSE all of the detail. Until you have a revision A6 card (or piece of A4 paper) overviewing the topic.

This allows you to re-write every bit of detail in the topics a lot of times. I like to think of it as a form of muscle memory :wink:.
Oh yeah, and you need a dose of sheer determination to do well, don't just do revision because you have to or your timetable says you need to. Do revision because you WANT to.

Trust me, it worked for me. I got DEEE in my ASs and AABb overall. It IS possible.

Good luck mate.

Quick Reply

Latest