Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If your boyfriend/girlfriend was sending sex texts would you see it as cheating?

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion it is, yes.

ReputationRep:
    i would and have seen it as cheating.

ReputationRep:
    It's not like full blown cheating, but it deserves a slap.

ReputationRep:
    yeh it is

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit naughty.

ReputationRep:
    In my relationship, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Obv, the intentions are there..

ReputationRep:
    For me it is. For me cheating is anything you do with someone that you know would upset your gf/bf if they were stood right next to you. I know a few girls (not saying boys don't do it as well) who will only give friends a hug when their bf is around then when I see them on a girls night they are giving kisses on the cheeks and sitting on peoples laps. Even grinding etc.

I don't do anything that would hurt my gf if she could see me doing it. End of. I see no reason too either, I get all the affection/love I need from her. Then again I'm not an attention whore like a large number of young people I know.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. But it shows shes a simple minded attention seeking harlot who should be dumped instantaneously regardless.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Treat others how you want to be treated. If your other half did it and you wouldnt be happy with it then dont do it to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    It's not like full blown cheating, but it deserves a slap.
    Someone's going to be an abusive husband

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh yes. They wouldn't be getting back in my bed!

ReputationRep:
    Of course; it's arousing. If your partner is getting aroused by someone behind your back, is that cheating or is that cheating?

Also, LOL @ molexting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fibrebiz)
    Someone's going to be an abusive husband
    And an obedient wife

And a prison sentence

ReputationRep:
    If your partner wouldn't be happy about it, isn't comfortable with it, or he doesn't know about it, then it's cheating. If they know about it and are fine then obviously it isn't a problem. Depends on the couple.

ReputationRep:
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    Straight out the door.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If your boyfriend/girlfriend was sending sex texts would you see it as cheating?
    I must admit that I wouldn't be too impressed, but it does depend slightly on the context. If it was with an ex who she'd previously slept with, then I'd be massively annoyed and that would probably be a relationship finisher, but if its with someone she's never set eyes on, or has any intention of setting eyes on, and its just a release of sexual tension while we're apart, then maybe its not the end of the world. Am I stepping into controversial territory here...?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.