The Student Room Group

Skirts and tights

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Still love tights in the summer but only 5 denier or the best are really hold ups.
Reply 41
Original post by ABCgirl123
Would you say upper-thigh level skirt is too short for suspenders then? It sometimes means the top of them are showing :frown: btw I wear a bodycon skirt, quite difficult to keep everything under that :wink:

Cripes!! You'd have to be brave to wear that but each to their own!! :smile:

I've got this dress and this is as short as I go when wearing stockings.

http://www.asos.com/Vero-Moda/Vero-Moda-50S-Swing-Shirt-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1532970&cid=8799&Rf-200=10&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=SummerBrown
Original post by H&C
Cripes!! You'd have to be brave to wear that but each to their own!! :smile:

Well there are a few of us who wear bodycons as short as poss in school but to my knowledge I'm the only one in my group of friends who wears suspenders underneath at any point. I like the feeling of it though its strangely comfortable for me :smile:
Original post by paula1287
YES! They just about stay covered when I'm upright, but sit down and everything shows - I've only tried it indoors, wouldn't dare go out like that! :smile: Mid-thigh is the very upper limit of what I'd wear for going out with stockings on, and preferably a bit longer.

You mean Yes thats too short? Oh Im the opposite I try and avoid my Mum indoors she thinks its too revealing so Id actually go out to avoid her :smile: Anyway I only wear them with school uniform mostly so its not a problem the rest of the time.
Reply 44
Original post by ABCgirl123
You mean Yes thats too short? Oh Im the opposite I try and avoid my Mum indoors she thinks its too revealing so Id actually go out to avoid her :smile: Anyway I only wear them with school uniform mostly so its not a problem the rest of the time.

That's exactly what I mean :smile: and I'd agree with your mum!! And with my school uniform was when I most definitely didn't want to be showing them off :frown: - it took me several months of wearing stockings before I dared wear them on a PE day. But then I guess we're all different...
(edited 12 years ago)
I still tights with skirts in the summer . But just not thick ones usually plain black.
Original post by paula1287
That's exactly what I mean :smile: and I'd agree with your mum!! And with my school uniform was when I most definitely didn't want to be showing them off :frown: - it took me several months of wearing stockings before I dared wear them on a PE day. But then I guess we're all different...

Hahahaha lol you sound like my Mum 'Thats too short' :smile: Im interested why didnt you want to show them off with school uniform? I dont mind admitting Im a bit revealing :colondollar: and yes I pay for it sometimes with detentions etc at school :'( but hey maybe they should teach us and not care so much about what we wear :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Lexi99

Original post by Lexi99
So i want to start wearing more skirts in the summer cos all i ever wear are jeans and shorts.

Im fine wearing them on a night out but for some reason im not comfortable wearing the ones ive just bought for everyday wear (come to about an inch above the knee).

I feel like i cant relax cos im always worried about keeping myself covered up in case anyone can see up it, so i always have to think about how im sitting etc

Anyway i thought about buying some tights (cos all i have for going out are stockings) either plain ones or patterned to help me feel more covered with being so.

What do you guys think about patterned tights, so they look good or ridiculous? Also what about when it gets to summer and really really hot, and too hot for tights? Aaahh!

i wear coloured and/or patterned tights all the time (always wear skirts) and so far nobody's objected at all so i'd say go for it, it matters more that you're comfortable than whether some random stranger thinks you look silly :smile: and i've found that by the time it gets really hot i've gotten used to having shorter (just above knee-length) skirts and how you sit and move in them to maintain your dignity. you get used to it pretty quickly so once the tights go you don't worry about it any more :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending