Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Is it possible?

    It's possible. Personally, I think it's too early to email admissions about 2nd year transfer at this time. It's best to contact them after September because they will have an indication if they have vacancies available for 2nd year entry.

    When you email UCL admissions, they will ask you for GCSE and A-level qualifications and modules studied at KCL, if they have spaces available. Remember, your modules must be similar/compatible with UCL's first year modules. If they do accept you for a transfer, you will have to apply through UCAS again. It could be your personal tutor or unit tutors at university to write you a personal reference.

    Usually, you need 2:1 to get transferred. I'm not sure about the fees.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.