Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by No Future)
    I didn't say that.

The photos can be circulated in the media, asking people to name the person to come forward for arrest.
    So? If you are being looked for by the Police its going to mean you have done something wrong and they have evidence of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    So? If you are being looked for by the Police its going to mean you have done something wrong and they have evidence of it.
    And a large no of non violent protesters were arrested when they tried to leave Fortnum and Mason
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And a large no of non violent protesters were arrested when they tried to leave Fortnum and Mason
    And? If they have done nothing wrong nothing will happen to them. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    They did nothing wrong and a night in the cells happened to them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by garethDT)
    They did nothing wrong and a night in the cells happened to them.
    Such a horrifying experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannymccs)
    "We got drunk, trashed the Ritz & then went down Piccadilly to loot a few items from Fortnums" - Boris Johnson Autobiography, in reference to the Bullingdon Club 1986.
    Cool. I repeat what I said, irrational violence is never justified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamageddon)
    You? No. We? Yes.

The conservatives have 6 times as many seats as the liberal democrats. On what planet would it be fair for both to have equal influence on policy?
    18,988,026 people did not vote for the Conservatives. So yes, the majority of people did not get who they wanted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    If they ban face masks at demo's invariably there will simply a be a mass defiance protest where thousands turn up wearing face masks just to see what the governments response is.
    Or we'll just all turn up wearing Burqas. :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    Cool. I repeat what I said, irrational violence is never justified.
    the deliberate targeting of particular businesses is entirely rational

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    To stay in a room about 6 foot to 8 foot with steel walls and one barred door that locks from the outside whilst not knowing why you are there or how long you will be there for is, as you put it, a horrifying experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    So wouldn't you try to avoid such a fate?

eg. by wearing a mask.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    To stay in a room about 6 foot to 8 foot with steel walls and one barred door that locks from the outside whilst not knowing why you are there or how long you will be there for is, as you put it, a horrifying experience.
    You will know how long you are going to be there. The max detention time is 24 hours. These idiots should not have broken into private property.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Video

You're cool with over a hundred people being arrested, photographed, fingerprinted and imprisoned, for doing nothing wrong?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So wouldn't you try to avoid such a fate?

eg. by wearing a mask.
    I was being sarcastic.

They broke into private property hence why they were arrested. I would not go to London wearing a mask and breaking the law. Protest march sure but only an idiots trashes private property and breaks into buildings.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by creak)
    Video

You're cool with over a hundred people being arrested, photographed, fingerprinted and imprisoned, for doing nothing wrong?
    Other than breaking into private property which is illegal.

If I broke into your house I am sure you would want me arrested

What would they have done if the Police had said you are going to be arrested? They would not have gone anywhere.

Also the Cop does say she does not know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    I was being sarcastic.

They broke into private property hence why they were arrested. I would not go to London wearing a mask and breaking the law. Protest march sure but only an idiots trashes private property and breaks into buildings.
    Sarcasm failed because being taken into police custody when you have done nothing wrong is awful.

They walked into a shop, how is that breaking into private property?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)

My house is not a shop.

My house is not Fortnum and Mason.

You are comparing a home with a shop, what is your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Other than breaking into private property which is illegal.

What would they have done if the Police had said you are going to be arrested? They would not have gone anywhere.

Also the Cop does say she does not know.
    They didn't break in, it's a shop. You're allowed to walk into shops. The officer confirmed that they'd been peaceful, but wanted to keep them inside to keep them safe from the violence outside. Then she said that she wanted to get them outside to safety- 'safety' being an arrest on nonsense charges and a night in the cells. And you support this?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Sarcasm failed because being taken into police custody when you have done nothing wrong is awful.

They walked into a shop, how is that breaking into private property?
    Heard a phone call from one of the protester who was in the building claiming they were doing a sit in and an occupation. Which happens to be illegal on private property.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by creak)
    They didn't break in, it's a shop. You're allowed to walk into shops. The officer confirmed that they'd been peaceful, but wanted to keep them inside to keep them safe from the violence outside. Then she said that she wanted to get them outside to safety- 'safety' being an arrest on nonsense charges and a night in the cells. And you support this?
    They were claiming it was an occupation and a sit in. Which on private property is illegal.

I don't really care about a bunch of idiots who walk into a building with the intention of turning it into an occupation

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.