Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Female Rugby Player's Fight Back To Fitness .. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanage)
    outside centre, great position. how do you find union coming from a league background?

i went the other day, brought up with union, found league at uni.
    Its not too bad actually. Took me a while to learn the rules but I actually picked it up quite fast.

How did you find union to league?

ReputationRep:
    Right, just this second got in from training! Tiring stuff tonight, massive increase in intensity from last night. Did a bit of work on tackling technique which has helped me alot.

Also did a bit of kicking, which i havent done since my injury. Pretty impressed with my distance, the cycling must have paid off!

Ready for bed now though, trip to Loughborough with college tomorrow which should be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLightyear)
    Its not too bad actually. Took me a while to learn the rules but I actually picked it up quite fast.

How did you find union to league?
    League needs a lot more fitness! But a tad less thinking. League is a lot more brutal!

ReputationRep:
    League needs a lot more fitness! But a tad less thinking. League is a lot more brutal!
    League is pussy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    League is pussy
    League has bigger hits, but smaller brains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    League has bigger hits, but smaller brains.
    Hits < Rucking brutality

ReputationRep:
    Hits < Rucking brutality
    I'm an outside centre, I'll leave the rough stuff to you for the most part and I'll get on with the sexy stuff.

Plus, you can't use your feet anymore, legally anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    I'm an outside centre, I'll leave the rough stuff to you for the most part and I'll get on with the sexy stuff.

Plus, you can't use your feet anymore, legally anyway...
    You mean you'll do a fancy little sidestep whilst we mentally and physically kill ourselves securing every ball at the break down.

I use my feet loads. I have been suspended twice for stamping and fined for punching in rucks.

In all fairness though, I have never actually played league other than in warm up or to practice attacking plays (cutting angles etc.) So I can't really compare

ReputationRep:
    You mean you'll do a fancy little sidestep whilst we mentally and physically kill ourselves securing every ball at the break down.

I use my feet loads. I have been suspended twice for stamping and fined for punching in rucks.

In all fairness though, I have never actually played league other than in warm up or to practice attacking plays (cutting angles etc.) So I can't really compare
    Well i'm very glad that you can stamp and punch people, go you...:congrats:

Im a big fan of both sports, but league is SICK for big hits and also skill.

Big hits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4bPiqBx8xI

INSANE SKILL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kboCHWOdfHw

Enjoy

ReputationRep:

You are a **** then!!! And not securing the ball fast enough if you have time to do that!

Now can everyone put thier twatish League vs Union macho debate aside and let the lass get on with her thread.

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm very glad that you can stamp and punch people, go you...:congrats:
    Mostly unintentional or because they got mouthy

(Original post by Powerlifter)
    You are a **** then!!! And not securing the ball fast enough if you have time to do that!

Now can everyone put thier twatish League vs Union macho debate aside and let the lass get on with her thread.
    I secure the ball whenever I can. I don't use my feat on the ball... And yeah sorry for hijacking your thread OP

ReputationRep:
    Finally in from the trip to Loughborough, the Power Base looked amazing! Just a shame they dont do Physiotherapy!

Also tried out Rock-it Ball, great game but Im not all that good at aiming In case you havent heard of it ----> -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11JpgKa-abI&feature=related

The plan was to do another 9 mile bike ride today but seems a bit late so will count it as a rest day and make up for it tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLightyear)
    Finally in from the trip to Loughborough, the Power Base looked amazing! Just a shame they dont do Physiotherapy!

Also tried out Rock-it Ball, great game but Im not all that good at aiming In case you havent heard of it ----> -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11JpgKa-abI&feature=related

The plan was to do another 9 mile bike ride today but seems a bit late so will count it as a rest day and make up for it tomorrow
    A sort of... lacrosse style dodgeball??

ReputationRep:
    A sort of... lacrosse style dodgeball??
    Pretty much yeah, great fun

ReputationRep:
    Mostly unintentional or because they got mouthy

I secure the ball whenever I can. I don't use my feat on the ball... And yeah sorry for hijacking your thread OP
    Why are you using it as a bragging point then? Obviously a ******** who doesn't play a very high level to spout such crap.

You are allowed to use your feet on the ball!!! if you spent more time after the ball and less about worrying about being macho you would do better.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you using it as a bragging point then? Obviously a ******** who doesn't play a very high level to spout such crap.

You are allowed to use your feet on the ball!!! if you spent more time after the ball and less about worrying about being macho you would do better.
    I played 1st XV when I was 14. East Kent and seniors at club level.

ReputationRep:
    I played 1st XV when I was 14. East Kent and seniors at club level.
    Exactly, not exactly a high level!!!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, not exactly a high level!!!
    how isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Match Day today, nice little win!
    Definite bit of cheating by the ref they supplied too, he let the game go on for 90 minutes, we're only supposed to play 30mins each way! But we held out so its not too bad.

Bit battered and bruised but it was a massive game so worth it for the win. Bath then college work now

ReputationRep:
    Had a bad day diet wise today. Pub quiz didnt really help by offering free biscuits.

Training's cancelled tomorrow so going to get a few miles done on the bike and possibly a bodyweight circuit to make up for it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 2, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.