Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Female Rugby Player's Fight Back To Fitness .. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Managed to get ridiculously sunburnt yesterday while coaching so didnt lift thanks to that, and the fact that chasing 8 year olds round all day is tiring!

Just done yesterdays lifts, pretty disappointing

squat 32.5kg 5x5
    <-- still not happy with these I kept losing balance, and I dont think I was sitting back enough. In my last set I concentrated more on engaging my core and the set was fine, although the bar didnt feel in the right position at times.
    bench press 25kg 2x5(ish) <-- again form let me down, my brother wasnt there so couldnt correct me so I gave up and I'll do it again next week
    One Legged Calf Raises 22.5 kg 3x8
    Skull Crushers 3x8 I think my left arm was doing more work (despite me being right handed :confused:) so swapped it for tricep extensions 7.5kg 3x5 to hopefully balance it out!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, been really busy with coaching/refereeing and rugby recently but back to it now!

Changing to Monday, Wednesday, Friday due to pre season training ...

Today - lowered numbers due to lack of lifting ..

Squat 30kg 5x5 Decided to sort the form out for definite ... much more confident now
    Strict press 20kg 3x5
    Straight leg Deadlift 25kg 3x8
    power clean 25kg 3x5

Just need to stretch then head off for a nice 2 hours of touch rugby!

ReputationRep:
    Yesterdays lifts

Deadlift 42.5kg 3x5
    Close grip Bench Press 20kg 3x5
    Lunges 20kg 1x8
    Bentover Barbell row 20kg 3x8

ReputationRep:
    Bench Press 25kg 3x5

Squats --> just couldnt get the position of the bar right for some reason so did one awkward set then go t annoyed and sulked!

ReputationRep:
    Today

Squat 32.5kg 3x5
    Strict press 22.5kg 3x5
    Straight leg Deadlift 22.5kg 3x8 was meant to be 27.5kg but I cant count
    power clean 27.5kg 3x5

ReputationRep:
    Missed fridays session as I had bent my finger back (sounds wimpy but it didnt half kill when I moved it)

Today

squat 35kg 5x5
    bench press 27.5kg 3x5 struggled on last set so will repeat
    One legged calf raises 3x8 27.5kg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLightyear)
    Squat 32.5kg 3x5
    power clean 27.5kg 3x5
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    :confused:
    I spent ages on the same numbers for squats because I couldnt get the technique right at all, I could get the bar to sit in the right place and was struggling with the core.

Also I spent a lot of time on Power Clean to get the technique right

ReputationRep:
    I spent ages on the same numbers for squats because I couldnt get the technique right at all, I could get the bar to sit in the right place and was struggling with the core.

Also I spent a lot of time on Power Clean to get the technique right
    I wish I could power clean what I can squat :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    I wish I could power clean what I can squat :-(
    That would be impressive with your numbers! I'm guessing my squat will shoot up now Ive sorted the technique so it wont be too long before my Power clean falls behind

ReputationRep:
    That would be impressive with your numbers! I'm guessing my squat will shoot up now Ive sorted the technique so it wont be too long before my Power clean falls behind
    I would imagine it would, the leg drive from the clean will transfer well across to squats.

ReputationRep:
    Todays lifts

Squat 37.5kg 2x5 1x3 Will repeat
    Strict press 22.5kg 3x5 This one just isnt going up Really struggling for some reason
    Straight leg Deadlift 27.5kg 3x8
    Power Clean 27.5kg 3x5

Touch rugby tonight, then massive stretch since I have fitness (first session back is always the worst!) at rugby tomorrow night :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    Did fitness at rugby tonight, god knows how I'll walk tomorrow!

Did a sort of fitness test thing, have to aim to improve our time each week;
    10 burpees - at the bottom we had to lift our hands off the ground to make sure we were using explosive power to get up
    10 sit ups - had to be full ROM
    10 Press ups - again hands off the ground at the bottom
    6x10m sprints, had to get on stomachs at end of each 10m
    X3 with no rests
    I got 6:20 so hopefully improve on that

Then loads of core work which was a killer
    HIIT boxing
    more 10m sprints, getting on our backs at the cones this time and changing direction
    a few bodyweight exercises
    Ended with yet more sprints

The weird thing is, even though I was in a ridiculous amount of pain, Im looking forward to Tuesdays session!

ReputationRep:
    squat 37.5kg 3x5
    bench press 20kg 3x5 - really slow reps, just for something different
    One legged calf raises 3x8 25kg
    Dips 3x8

ReputationRep:
    Deadlift 45kg 3x5
    Close grip Bench Press 20kg 3x8
    Lunges 20kg 1x8 <---- going easy on these because of weak ligaments in knee
    Bentover Barbell row 20kg 3x8 <---- should have pushed to 22.5 really

ReputationRep:
    Today was pretty pointless tbh.

Had fitness last night and didnt stretch properly so I'm aching like mad!

Intended to do a proper workout but just couldnt, so left it at 20kg and just did the exercises concentrating on form and slow reps

squat 1x10 with pause at bottom
    bench press 1x10
    One legged calf raises 1x10
    Dips 1x10

Touch rubgy later, hopefull get a good run out to loosen up a bit!

ReputationRep:
    Ive not been able to do any kind of exercise since Wednesday because ive got a shooting pain in my shoulder/neck/back (i cant even tell anymore, i just know it absolutely kills!) I cant even sleep atm so I should really get it checked out, my plan of resting it for a few days obviously isnt working as the pains getting worse ... Starting to hate my body right now, its like im always injured in some way!

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from the doctors, been told I wont be able to do any strenuous exercise for a few weeks :cry: (muscle spasms in shoulder)

On the bright side, these stronger painkillers might mean I finally get a decent nights sleep tonight

ReputationRep:
    So after going swimming recently my shoulder seems to have sorted itself out (glad it didnt take the 3 weeks that was suggested!)

I destroyed a shed with a sledgehammer today (great fun ) so know that its definitely fine.

Will be back to the weights tomorrow before rugby but will probably go light to be safe (not entirely sure yet) and if I feel alright will do friday's workout on thursday as I'm away for the weekend

ReputationRep:
    Glad to know that you have made a quick recovery. =]

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.