Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

you probably get this a lot but: law conversion query watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm a second-year english literature undergraduate at the university of warwick and, without knowing the mechanisms of the legal system (having not studied law or not yet done a legal work placement, though i hope to in the future) nonetheless find myself interested in trying out for law conversion courses after graduating. i'd love to be involved in human rights law, and i have a series of questions that i hope someone could answer. they've been asked elsewhere, but this website is always quite useful in getting particularly illuminating answers.

1) is there a likelihood that i could be successful - a good lawyer rather than economically successful that is - only doing a law conversion course and having done english (as opposed to politics, business, management etc.)

2) it's likely that i'd have to do the course close to home - cardiff that is - if not, are there any particularly good courses?

3) do you have any ideas for texts that'd be useful in me getting to know more about the legal system - maybe some practical case studies? i have some recommended but like i said tsr might offer good alternatives.

thanks for any answers to these questions, sorry if i'm repeating an oft-asked query, and yeah thanks again!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.