Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to do the visual kei look for a while (cos i think it looks really cool)

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs47/f/20...gurashicry.jpg

http://www.tenkai-japan.com/wordpres...11/02/giru.jpg

http://mypfantom.files.wordpress.com...isualkei21.jpg

but im finding it really hard to make the hair at the back stay up, i use freeze hair spray and super hold hairsprays by tresemme and straighten it etc but it just sorta curls in on itself a bit and doesnt stay pointy and spiky :/

I have natural black Asian hair, but im just confused on how those j-rock artists get those awesome looking hair

ReputationRep:
    You're Asian, your hair cannot curl. PERIOD.

ReputationRep:
    Only way would be is to let it grown then starighten certain parts then apply large parts of gel to the others (spiky ones) then let them dry. With me my hair forms that shape after some time ( Ihave the same sort of hair as you)
    Goodluck

ReputationRep:
    use wax thats what this guy in my school does...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    you need better products - tresemme isn't very good. could be down to the way you blowdry it too??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    You're Asian, your hair cannot curl. PERIOD.
    not curl curl, i mean it just doesnt stay spiky at the back xD

ReputationRep:
    I have
    Tresemme - ultimate hold hairspray
    Shockwaves - Ultra strong power hold gel-spray
    Shockwaves - Styling Wax
    Straighteners, comb, etc

ReputationRep:
    I think it might be because my hair is a bit too thick, probably need to get it thinned out at the hairdressers, or i might be applying TOO much hairwax, hairspray etc at the back weighing down the hair possibly? :/

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest some volumizing sprays/mousses

ReputationRep:
    backcomb it at the roots too.

ReputationRep:
    backcomb -> spray -> straighten (ie lightly clasp and sizzle while still damp from spray) -> spray would be my guess.

I use Tresemme freeze hold (the giant white can) and it's incredible, keeps my hair upright for ages.

ReputationRep:
    Try loreal elnette hairspray supreme hold it's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    backcomb -> spray -> straighten (ie lightly clasp and sizzle while still damp from spray) -> spray would be my guess.

I use Tresemme freeze hold (the giant white can) and it's incredible, keeps my hair upright for ages.
    This^ I also have some wax spray which is good as it isn't as sticky as hairspray making it more matte and also i think it gives better hold. If you wash your hair and use only a little conditioner if any, wax spray it, blow dry, backcomb, spray, straighten, fluff and quick spray in that order should do it. i did it for a party once, a bit too much faff but it works

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.