Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is an unashamed cry for help from me here. I'm doing my advanced higher English dissertation on Graham Greene's Brighton Rock and The Power and the Glory and the religious elements within the books (sin, redemption etc).

Basically, in a paragraph I'm doing about Pinkie thinking that Hell is all around him she asked me to put in a quote from John Milton's Paradise Lost. You can see it all free on google books and search from it which I've been trying to absolutely no avail. If anyone know it could they suggest anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessibear)
    This is an unashamed cry for help from me here. I'm doing my advanced higher English dissertation on Graham Greene's Brighton Rock and The Power and the Glory and the religious elements within the books (sin, redemption etc).

Basically, in a paragraph I'm doing about Pinkie thinking that Hell is all around him she asked me to put in a quote from John Milton's Paradise Lost. You can see it all free on google books and search from it which I've been trying to absolutely no avail. If anyone know it could they suggest anything?
    So you want a quote about hell, from paridise lost?

ReputationRep:
    I realise the whole of it is about hell.. I want one specifically on hell being everywhere/all around.

ReputationRep:
    this book is a *****.

darkness visible.

ReputationRep:
    "Better to reign in Hell, then serve in Heaven."

I remember that .

There's another one about minds and hell, I'll find it for you in a second...

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n."

Any help at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherlllll)
    "Better to reign in Hell, then serve in Heaven."

I remember that .

There's another one about minds and hell, I'll find it for you in a second...

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n."

Any help at all?
    Oooh the second one could be very useful. Thank you so much .

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.