Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I just wondered if you have received your acceptance forms yet? We're meant to hear end of April/beginning of May and haven't heard anything yet! Hope I've been accepted! Was nominated for a placement in Vietnam :-) it's about 14 weeks long, beginning in July. Bit worried that I haven't heard anything since the end of March!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Ahh that's great! I still haven't heard, I'm worried because I already had flights booked (was going away in summer anyway) so I'm actually leaving in just over 7 weeks and I'll need vaccinations and stuff for Vietnam so I need to know if I've got it! I wish I had your calmness haha. The thing is...surely if I hadn't got it they would've got in touch anyway?! No news is good news :-D haha I'm really excited, it's working in the chemistry department in a uni just north of Hanoi. So it's like chemistry research work and also teaching English to Vietnamese students :-) it's absolutely perfect! When do you start yours? I'll be in Singapore on 4th July so just going to potter about until they want me :-)
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I got my acceptance email through this week, but before that I hadn't heard anything since March (excluding the cheque thing)

What are people doing for travel insurance? In the insurance part of the "acceptance and confirmation of your IAESTE placement" it says I need more than normal travel insurance? I don't know wtf ISIS is.

I'm off to Budapest for the summer I put down a Japanese choice as well, I guess I was lucky to end up with this one in the end

ReputationRep:
    That's great :-) ugh I'll be so disappointed I haven't been accepted, reaaally hope it comes next week :-( with travel insurance, I've spoken to one company who said they want a full job description and will prob cover any accidents or whatever at work...but that since mine is in a uni they might have insurance to cover that anyway?! No idea really. I'm starting to think I won't even be needing insurance at this rate haha :-( That's exciting about Budapest :-) when do you start?

ReputationRep:
    ISIS = international student insurance services :-)

ReputationRep:
    I start on the 4th July, and finish on August 26th, though I'm staying a few days before/after.

Cheers for the insurance thing

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.