Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, this is not meant to be offensive at all. Just a curiousity bit so don't take it so incredibly serious. First off, most guys are going through the "sagging" stage. Meaning they wear their pants below the waist, low enough to see their what color underwear they've picked out. Ok, This style started a long time ago in jail. Yes, jail. When they didn't have belts to hold their pants up for fear they would strangle themselves or someone else. So they had to wear their pants low. So,
    why do you want to look like a jailer?
    why do you wear your pants that way?
    I see guys struggle with walking up stairs and the way they run with their pants that way just looks absolutely hilarious. Now I am curious as to why you guys do this? :P
    I mean a legitamate arguement not silly little things that don't make a difference on if your pants were where they are supposed to be.

ReputationRep:
    If I wore my pants like that you'd see my pubes.......

Oh, you're American.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mw136565)
    Ok, this is not meant to be offensive at all. Just a curiousity bit so don't take it so incredibly serious. First off, most guys are going through the "sagging" stage. Meaning they wear their pants below the waist, low enough to see their what color underwear they've picked out. Ok, This style started a long time ago in jail. Yes, jail. When they didn't have belts to hold their pants up for fear they would strangle themselves or someone else. So they had to wear their pants low. So,
    I see guys struggle with walking up stairs and the way they run with their pants that way just looks absolutely hilarious. Now I am curious as to why you guys do this? :P
    I mean a legitamate arguement not silly little things that don't make a different on if your pants were where they are supposed to be.
    Because i can.

ReputationRep:
    skaters started doing it for grinding down stair railings it stopped thier balls being turned to juice if they slipped and ended with one leg going one way and the other the opposite way.

Now every chav adn wannabe gangsta seems to be doing and it just looks bloody stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    Because i can.
    that isn't even remotely a good reason. You don't have to be like everyone else and wear them that way just to look like a mental person who can't figure out how to wear pants

ReputationRep:
    Cos I'm 'ard

ReputationRep:
    I just wear mine so the elastic border of my boxers show, not half my ass. Saying that, male camel toe doesn't look too good either...

ReputationRep:
    that isn't even remotely a good reason. You don't have to be like everyone else and wear them that way just to look like a mental person who can't figure out how to wear pants
    Lol, i was just being a smartass, i dont actually wear them like that, i think it looks stupid and its also bloody uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    I heard it started in some sort of gang culture. Guys would be handed down their older brother's clothes, and so the baggier they were, the bigger their older brother was ("don't mess with me, I'll get my brother to kill you" etc).

ReputationRep:
    I mean a legitamate arguement not silly little things that don't make a difference on if your pants were where they are supposed to be.
    I laugh out loud at them every time I see people doing this. I will get 'shanked' by 'teh mandemz' for it one day. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    It's how fashion develops. For example the origin of why we have buttons on the end of jacket sleeve comes from Napoleon Bonaparte introducing them there to prevent his soldiers wiping their noses on their sleeves.

I'm sure many people, you included, have jackets with buttons on their sleeves but I am just as sure you don't feel the need to regularly wipe your nose on your sleeve. Origins are quickly forgotten, and probably for the best in some cases!

ReputationRep:
    I don;t wear mine that low. But if I bend over my boxers show.

Mainly I wear them there because it's more comfortable, plus a lot of jean styles lend themselves to this kind of wearing. Also, it helps me make jeans last longer, I hate growing out of my favourite pair of jeans...

ReputationRep:
    When the boys in my science classes sit on the stools it ain't a pretty sight...I don't want to see the entirity of their rear underwear and their asses hanging of the back of the stool

ReputationRep:
    I do it so my belt shows. looks sick brah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I laugh out loud at them every time I see people doing this. I will get 'shanked' by 'teh mandemz' for it one day. :teehee:
    Yeah but no-one cares about your opinion.

(Original post by silverbolt)
    skaters started doing it for grinding down stair railings it stopped thier balls being turned to juice if they slipped and ended with one leg going one way and the other the opposite way.

Now every chav adn wannabe gangsta seems to be doing and it just looks bloody stupid
    Not true. In fact in recent years the trend has been towards tighter fitting jeans (which are still worn low down but offer no protection) which allow more flexibility.

OP, because they are comfy that way.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god its disgusting:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Gosh!

ReputationRep:
    People still do this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.