Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Literature - Do you get an anthology in the exam? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking both AS and A2 English Literature and am starting to prepare for my exams. I read the specifications earlier but doesn't mention anything about if you can use an anthology in the exam, unannotated obviously?

Can you use them in both AS and A2 exams?

Also, any tips to do well in the exams?
    I need atleast a B to go to university

ReputationRep:
    Yes you are allowed to bring your unannotated anthology for AS im not 100% sure on A2. If you talk about form structure language and compare the poems, then you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing English Literature B, then in AS you do get the texts but in A2 you don't
    The tips I'd give would be to follow the AO's religously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren.mariie)
    I'm taking both AS and A2 English Literature and am starting to prepare for my exams. I read the specifications earlier but doesn't mention anything about if you can use an anthology in the exam, unannotated obviously?

Can you use them in both AS and A2 exams?

Also, any tips to do well in the exams?
    I need atleast a B to go to university

I did AQA LitB English Literature. You can take in a clean copy - My school provided clean copies of all the texts and the anthology at AS to use in the exam The A2 exam was closed book and relied on memorised quotations to prove we understood the text or something :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :O for English Lit A you aren't allowed anything at all!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help!
    .. I can't believe you cant have an anthology in the A2 exam, struggle with quotations already! Are you expected to memorise form and structure of other wider reading aswell then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren.mariie)
    Thanks for the help!
    .. I can't believe you cant have an anthology in the A2 exam, struggle with quotations already! Are you expected to memorise form and structure of other wider reading aswell then?
    Well for my A2 exam we studied The Pardoner's Tale, Macbeth and The Bloody Chamber, the text I could always write on was Macbeth so I learnt more quotes for that one why just remembering synoptic ones for the other two. Also I found that as long as you referenced other texts then you were fine, you didn't need to learn the quotes, just themes to add and key points.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 31, 2011

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.