Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    History - Because I have always love History, was good at it at GCSE.
    Law - Wanted to see if I actually liked Law, plus thought it'd be easy. Teacher is great, but the content is torture (well, the AS syllabus was)
    Business Studies - Because I was good at it at GCSE, was a doss subjects... I hate it so much.

Wish I'd taken four A-Levels, and totally different ones too (apart from History) because that combination of A-Levels isn't very good and I don't enjoy 2 of them much.
    Doesn't matter much now any way, can't change it... hasn't really hindered me from doing what I want to do at University.

ReputationRep:
    Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology because I used to think I was fairly intelligent. How wrong I was.

ReputationRep:
    Physics Chemistry Biology and Economics - Took the 3 sciences because I found them interesting took economics because it keeps things different, I find it more of a chilled out class where I have the chance to throw in my opinion unlike science where it is right or wrong.
    Dropping physics next year because I'm loosing interest and it is becoming really hard.

ReputationRep:
    Economics - I just thought it would be interesting which infact was. Maths was at the very minimum in the course though Really taught me how to write a really long essay. Completed it last year fortunately

Law - Friends inflenced me to pick it up & i ended up doing it & I've been gettin really good grades in it. AS was interesting & decent but A2 is really time consuming and the amount of cases that has to be memorised is unbelivable. Expecting an A overall in August (hopefully)

Govt & Politics - Just to get more UCAS points lol. I had no interest in the course at first but im really enjoying it now.

Sociology - Same reason as picking up Politics

Financial Studies - No reason to be honest. Easiest subject out of all.

Was so confused about what career path to go into when picking these subjects. I would suggest that you maths if you looking to go into any maths related degree/s in University. I made a mistake of not picking up maths at earlier stage & I regretted it for a little while as I was recently rejected by 3 Unis for not having done maths to study Economics in Uni. However, I was delighted when my 2nd choice Uni offered me a place

ReputationRep:
    English Lit - fave subject
    History - second fave subject
    Psychology - seemed very interesting and it was.. got my highest marks in that one
    Media Studies - meh, don't know why, wished I had done something like Biology or Geography but I'm at uni now so it doesn't matter...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Eng Lit and History because I love them, and the courses sounded great.
    Spanish, because I adore the language and really want to take it further than A Level.
    Philosophy as my "something new", sounded interesting and it is.

ReputationRep:
    law-interest
    econs-interest
    i wish i taken history but my college dint provide
    ohwell im satisfied with 2subs as i finish a level in 1 yr

ReputationRep:
    Biology - I loved Biology at GCSE and want to do some form of it at university :awesome:
    Chemistry - I chose this topen more options for bio degress, but am very happy I did, I love it :3
    Maths - Mainly because this was one subject my Dad wanted me to do :P
    History - I enjoyed this at GCSE and wanted to learn about Germany...but this also meant I have to learn about the Tudors :sleep:, wish I chose Economics instead

ReputationRep:
    Maths - Maybe cuz I'm way too good at it.

Physics - It is kinda compulsory to do for engineering.

Chemistry - I kinda love it. <3

ReputationRep:
    English - Because, I like the fact you can discuss so many things about books and stuff, it's very interactive, well the lessons anyway.
    Media - I took that as a fourth option, but I'm glad i did, it's now part of my career aspirations
    Graphics - Because I liked it at GCSE, and i'm sort of a creative person. And at the time it was what I wanted to go into. S

All my A-Level's were mostly based on creativity, at the time I wanted to go into graphics, it was soon after a university event that made me realise, I like this as a hobby, not a career. So I decided to go into Communications and Media.

ReputationRep:
    Maths - I would need/want it for almost any course I'd be interested in
    Further Maths - I frigging love maths
    Physics - I have a physics-y brain
    Chemistry - When I went in (and still a bit now) I wanted to do medicine
    Biology - As above
    General Studies - School force me to

ReputationRep:
    Biology chemistry and maths because I enjoyed them all at GCSE and physics( even though I hated it, and still sorta hate it )because I had to do 4 and it was my best subject besides maths chem and bio.

ReputationRep:
    English Lit- sort of liked it at GCSE.

French- wanted to learn a language.

Economics- interested in it and like it.

Maths AS- only one left in that option block that was reasonable and thought I would do it so I had more degree opportunities, but instead it was just boring.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Politics
    History
    English Lit
    Psychology
    Law
    RS
    Business BTEC

- Didn't want to do a science or language so the above is what was left. Prefer essay subjects as well I suppose, but it wasn't particularly because I was interested.

I also took Drama and Maths but dropped them both for different reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Maths - Dad sorta forced me to, but I was happy to take it
    Economics - Planning on doing it at University
    Geography - Love it very much!
    Biology - Either Biology or sociology, so thought Biology would be a better a-level to do, and less essays.

Pretty happy with my choice

ReputationRep:
    Biology, chemistry, physics, maths. i am not sure what to study in university, i think i will study genetic engineering and i think i will be able to do any sort of engineering with this so i am doing these subjects.

ReputationRep:
    English Literature (Dropped at AS)
    History
    Psychology
    Sociology

ReputationRep:
    English because I got good GCSEs
    History because I love the subject the most
    Psychology because I've always found it interesting
    Politics so that I can now join in with family conversations and understand what they say!

ReputationRep:
    I've chosen to take next year:
    English - because it is seriously amazing and I :love: it. The reading looks really cool, awesome teacher, it's what I'm best at etc
    History - because it's really interesting, essays are my strong point, I've been getting straight 100 UMSs at gcse
    Philosophy and Ethics- because it's interesting, I love the debates, I love reading about philosophy etc, I can't wait to move on to Plato and things instead of the "some xns think...others think" form
    Biology - because I really want to take a science (I love science, I can't believe I'm dropping the other two :eek:) and I find Biology the most interesting/easiest. And Chem/Physics teachers are so bad in my school we haven't even covered 3/4 of the syllabus, when we only have 4 lessons left.
    EPQ - because a long essay sounds very fun :yes: - I like the fact you can go in depth. I think I will do it on something English related

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    I've chosen to take next year:
    English - because it is seriously amazing and I :love: it. The reading looks really cool, awesome teacher, it's what I'm best at etc
    History - because it's really interesting, essays are my strong point, I've been getting straight 100 UMSs at gcse
    Philosophy and Ethics- because it's interesting, I love the debates, I love reading about philosophy etc, I can't wait to move on to Plato and things instead of the &quot;some xns think...others think&quot; form
    Biology - because I really want to take a science (I love science, I can't believe I'm dropping the other two :eek:) and I find Biology the most interesting/easiest. And Chem/Physics teachers are so bad in my school we haven't even covered 3/4 of the syllabus, when we only have 4 lessons left.
    EPQ - because a long essay sounds very fun :yes: - I like the fact you can go in depth. I think I will do it on something English related
    Aye, you should be ashamed. ASHAMED.

English Lit - it's lovely.
    Chemistry - it's also lovely. Especially Organic Chemistry .
    Biology - :heart: molecular biology. And anatomy.
    Physics - love it. And it has maths in it. You have to love maths.
    Maths - see above
    Fine Art - it's just an awful lot of painting. Excellent.
    French - lovely language. Though in May, come my oral exam, I feel I'll regret this...

@Shanti: I'll forgive you for your omission of Physics/Chem/Maths; you made up for it with the Eng Lit and History

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.