Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pardonmyfrench)
    Christy! How do you find the time to handle 7 ASs?
    I'm doing two of them at the moment (alongside those notoriously pesky GCSE examinations) French and Fine Art and will continue with the Maths/Sciences and English Lit next year. Can't wait

(I can officially say Fine Art is THE single most time-consuming - notice I'm not saying difficult, because people will probably just... shoot me - A-level if you want a good grade.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    Oh, I'm sorry... I'm very happy for you and your resin!
    Notice you are avoiding Hardy :lol:
    Anyway, we should stop the spam

Oop. Hadn't noticed that one. Give me a second to check.

/of spamming said thread. Promise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lily Academia)
    I'm doing two of them at the moment (alongside those notoriously pesky GCSE examinations) French and Fine Art and will continue with the Maths/Sciences and English Lit next year. Can't wait

(I can officially say Fine Art is THE single most time-consuming - notice I'm not saying difficult, because people will probably just... shoot me - A-level if you want a good grade.)
    Ah, you are far more the optimist than I! I agree about Fine Art... lovely, but takes up all the time in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Maths, Physics, Chem, Bio

Because i am a boss.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Maths, Physics, Chemistry Biology Further Maths (Self Taught)

Chem and Bio, no idea (dropped at AS)

the others, because I love maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pardonmyfrench)
    Ah, you are far more the optimist than I! I agree about Fine Art... lovely, but takes up all the time in the world.
    :yes: Precisely that.

Have you done the AS-exam yet. (Ah, shame; if you'd carried on with French I could have ranted on about the impending exam of doom I'm so nervous about!) If so, how'd you find it? Are you on AQA?

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry, Biology, Physics, English Literature and Critical Thinking.

I chose Chemistry and Biology because I initially wanted to go into a Pharmacy degree. Figured I'd take Physics to complete the set, and since I'd been quite good at it for GCSE. I took English Lit because I enjoyed the subject. Critical Thinking... well, I got told during the confirmation day that I needed to choose another subject, and panicked.

ReputationRep:
    Not doing Alevels yet, but I chose:
    Maths - a very fascinating subject.
    Further Maths - a great expansion on Maths, goes well with what I want to do when I get older (that might change, though!).
    Physics - I LOVE Physics, I want to pursue it at University, I find it absolutley fascinating, how could I not take physics?!
    Chemistry - I'm good at it, find it really easy, I also like the challeng of it at A-level.
    Psychology - Nice break from all the sciency subjects, I'm very interested in the way how humans behave.

I might change Psychology to French, though.

ReputationRep:
    Maths - because it just makes sense to me;
    Economics - looked very interesting;
    History - apparently universities like it;
    Russian - looked interesting;
    EPQ - my school forced me.

ReputationRep:
    Bio, Chem, Psych. Have maths to as.

ReputationRep:
    Maths: I've always done best in it and I really like it.
    History: Was one of my favourite subjects, but not liking it so much this year :/
    Chemistry: I wasn't really sure what i wanted to do and thought a science would keep my options open and that chem was the science that kept most options open. I quite like it though actually.
    Philosophy and Ethics: Thought it sounded interesting and it is

ReputationRep:
    AQA Biology
    AQA Physics
    OCR Chemistry
    Edexcel Maths
    Edexcel Further Maths

Prospective Medicine Applicant 2012

ReputationRep:
    Maths - Want to do computer science at uni, and I find it quite enjoyable
    Computing - I will find it interesting, relates to computer science
    Economics - I will most likely find it interesting isn't very difficult and
    Psychology - Risking it in a hope that I'll find it interesting

ReputationRep:
    Economics because it's a subject I always wanted to study, and it was the only I hadn't studied at GCSE before, and looked generally interesting.

Maths because I've always enjoyed and been good at maths, and it gets me thinking more.

English language because I wanted an essay based subject too, before realising how essay based economics can be, and I also did well/enjoyed it at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    Maths & AS Further Maths because I find it natuarlly easy and sometimes rewarding (in a nerdy way)
    Physics because it is applied maths and therefore easy too. Also most interesting and fundamental area of science.
    Chemistry because I thought I should do another science because they are easy and I liked this more than biology.
    History general interest even though sometimes I wish I picked biology just cos I hate writing essays and tests where over 75% of the marks are not numbers.

ReputationRep:
    English, because it's my best subject. Psychology, because it sounded incredibly interesting, Biology...just because, and Sports Studies because I'm an idiot who loves sport.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do A levels but I want to join in! XD

English because it is compulsory at my school, but still enjoy it, especially because there is no Shakespeare!
    Maths because it is also practically compulsory. It was one of my best subject and enjoy it to some extent
    French because it is easy
    Geography because it is amazing, also one of the subjects that I'm best at
    History because I enjoy learning about the past and I'm alright at essay writing

I enjoy all my subjects except French really, as it is so easy it is boring

ReputationRep:
    Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Maths

And i ask myself that same question all the time. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lily Academia)
    :yes: Precisely that.

Have you done the AS-exam yet. (Ah, shame; if you'd carried on with French I could have ranted on about the impending exam of doom I'm so nervous about!) If so, how'd you find it? Are you on AQA?
    Hmm, I think I'm on OCR, but I'm not sure. I haven't done my exam yet, I have it on the 20th May, but I still have tons of work to do in preperation for it :/ Have you done yours?

ReputationRep:
    Maths - Because It's funish.

Physics - Because it’s fun.

Chemistry - There is the possibility of seeing explosions. And therefore fun.

Biology - I'm diabetic and therefore interested in why I don't work properly.

ICT - I thought it might be a bit more technical than the GCSE course. I was wrong.

Welsh Bac - Because the school forced me to. Still not quite sure why I need it...

Anyone else doing the Welsh Bac?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.