Turn on thread page Beta

I want to go clubbing, but I have no one to go with watch

ReputationRep:
    Ill come with you x

ReputationRep:
    Exactly how I'm feeling right now. I did try to go on my own but then some girls had mercy on me and asked me to join them
    I definitely wouldn't do it again and I'm now considering moving to another uni just so I can do a degree where everyone isn't a competitive person.

ReputationRep:
    Clubbing sucks on your own, unless you're a a gig or something. You tend to get into lots of convos here because you share more in common with the rest of the audience.

I used to think you can enjoy a club on your own, but you just can't. The majority of people are unfriendly ********s tbf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel exactly the same at the moment as I've been clubbing before but now I am home educated and don't talk to anyone to go with or they make an excuse!

Come with me!! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, don't revive old threads!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 19 and I've never been clubbing before. I would like to, but I've somehow managed to drift away from most of my old friends from school, and I don't really hang round with them much anymore. And the ones I've asked to go clubbing with, they always have some excuse like they have no money or something. I think maybe they're just boring though. Like, how much can it cost to go just once at least?

What else can I do? I am a loner who often goes places on my own, which I don't mind too much normally but I'm not sure it's very safe to go clubbing by myself? Help!

By the way I'm not at uni and I don't plan to go, at least not any time soon.

Anon as this is a little embarrassing.
    OP, I used to be like you. Believe, clubbing is overrated. You pay ridiculous prices (especially in London) to get in a crammed room (good luck with dancing because you will have zero space), and songs you might not like. You can't talk because it's too loud, there will be long queues for the toilet oh and you need to adhere to their dress code (no white shoes, etc) or they might not let you in. Additionally, in the highest ranking clubs, you will have to bring a girl with you. Yes, a girl. I am not joking. They try to balance the number of guys and girls for obvious reasons. A club with lots of girls will attract lots of guys. Meat market theory.
    May I ask what do you think you like about clubbing?

ReputationRep:
    College is a massive social occasion, find some common ground then build up to saying you want to go out sometime - tell me when your going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinotopiaisawful)
    Why would you want to go clubbing on your own? It will be rubbish! It is only good if you go with friends. If i saw someone there on their own, i would think they were a bit weird. (sorry just my opinion!)
    had some of my best clubbing adventures alone - largely cus i was drunk enough to actually go clubbing on my own, but the point stands.

it's a lot easier to meet other people when your not enclosed in a clique

ReputationRep:
    Everyone knows that sober clubbing is much worse than smashed clubbing though so if you go on your own you have to pre-lash on your own which is really weird.

ReputationRep:
    It's boring with the wrong people, so if you don't have friends who want to go it's not worth it anyway.

I'm 19 and I've never been clubbing before. I would like to, but I've somehow managed to drift away from most of my old friends from school, and I don't really hang round with them much anymore. And the ones I've asked to go clubbing with, they always have some excuse like they have no money or something. I think maybe they're just boring though. Like, how much can it cost to go just once at least?

What else can I do? I am a loner who often goes places on my own, which I don't mind too much normally but I'm not sure it's very safe to go clubbing by myself? Help!

By the way I'm not at uni and I don't plan to go, at least not any time soon.

Anon as this is a little embarrassing.

I know exactly how you feel. My friends are all scattered with boyfriends or at uni. I'm 20 f and live in the south east and just want people to have fun with. I really miss clubbing

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I wouldn't care if I went out with friends or not, if I do go out, I just say I fancy treating myself to a drink and chilling out, if there are people you know that go to the same club just approach them and say hi, they will ask who you're with and then say what I said above, just be casual.

Wow, funny someone bumped this thread. Especially as I'm still having this problem currently. I did go travelling abroad for a while this year, where I managed to finally do a bit of clubbing as it was easy to befriend people in hostels to go out with. But now I'm back to being a boring loner at home in London again. I'm 21 now and scared my clubbing days will be over too soon

I also kinda regret not taking up the offers of people in here who said they'd go clubbing with me. I think I was too scared trying to get in touch or meet with people from the Internet. But now I think, what the hell, this is probably a long shot but, anyone wanna go clubbing with me?

ReputationRep:
    hey, i know exactly how you feel, im 18, 19 in January and have never been clubbing but really want to! i have drifted from my old friends or they have gone to uni sucks! i just want to go out but n one to go anywhere with!

ReputationRep:
    If you're ever in Canterbury, I am immense fun to be around. Although the club scene here is threadbare to say the least

I went mostly before I was 18... Now I'm 23 and rarely go but will do soon again but only posh clubs ofcourse

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with you OP

ReputationRep:
    Wow, funny someone bumped this thread. Especially as I'm still having this problem currently. I did go travelling abroad for a while this year, where I managed to finally do a bit of clubbing as it was easy to befriend people in hostels to go out with. But now I'm back to being a boring loner at home in London again. I'm 21 now and scared my clubbing days will be over too soon

I also kinda regret not taking up the offers of people in here who said they'd go clubbing with me. I think I was too scared trying to get in touch or meet with people from the Internet. But now I think, what the hell, this is probably a long shot but, anyone wanna go clubbing with me?
    dude if you're still having this problem after sooo long then why waste time. its been years since u last posted. lets meet up...im a girl and im sure we'd get on fine. u shudnt miss out on the fun just because u have no one to go with? im kinda in a same situation to yours. every1 is always so busy . so I wouldn't mind meeting up private message me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessblush)
    dude if you're still having this problem after sooo long then why waste time. its been years since u last posted. lets meet up...im a girl and im sure we'd get on fine. u shudnt miss out on the fun just because u have no one to go with? im kinda in a same situation to yours. every1 is always so busy . so I wouldn't mind meeting up private message me
    I'll PM you, are you hot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    I'll PM you, are you hot?
    Lol im Asian. I have long hair, fair skin and im a size 10/12. haha i'm not ugly. lool i'm assuming ur a guy. I'd only go with u if u were a girl x sorry x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.