Turn on thread page Beta

Radio 1 Big Weekend watch

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh the lineup is ridic! THE STROKES have just been announced! Has anyone won tickets before? I'm dying to go, only live an hour and a half away.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely applying tomorrow! Line up looks amazing and it's on my 18th birthday so would be amazing if I could go It is ages away from where I live though, I've worked out it'll cost just over £70 for a return ticket on the train for the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DellaLouise)
    I'm definitely applying tomorrow! Line up looks amazing and it's on my 18th birthday so would be amazing if I could go It is ages away from where I live though, I've worked out it'll cost just over £70 for a return ticket on the train for the day.
    It would be worth it!!

ReputationRep:
    I get immediate tickets.

I live in a CA1-11 area.

We also live about 20 miles away from Carlisle, so its nice and easy.

Finally, Cumbria has something to do rather then be the armpit of the UK. :dry:

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tba90)
    It would be worth it!!
    I have to say I agree

I bet it's going to be hard to get a ticket though, on the website it said half a million people applied for 40000 tickets last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    I get immediate tickets.

I live in a CA1-11 area.

We also live about 20 miles away from Carlisle, so its nice and easy.

Finally, Cumbria has something to do rather then be the armpit of the UK. :dry:

:yep:
    That doesn't mean you get tickets though. They're picked randomly with the majority going to those who live in Carlisle or the surrounding areas & the other tickets going to the rest of the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    That doesn't mean you get tickets though. They're picked randomly with the majority going to those who live in Carlisle or the surrounding areas & the other tickets going to the rest of the UK.
    No we definitely get them. Or so I was told? I'll find out soon. :cool:

The rest of my mates who live in a CA1-11 area were talking in the Common Room today and they all had them too. :yep:

Still, I'll give my other ticket to someone in school who doesn't get one. Penrith isn't all a CA1-11 area, and seen as I'll be the only one going from my house, and going with mates, we'll just spread them around for those who don't get them.

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

The rest of my mates who live in a CA1-11 area were talking in the Common Room today and they all had them too. :yep:

Still, I'll give my other ticket to someone in school who doesn't get one. Penrith isn't all a CA1-11 area, and seen as I'll be the only one going from my house, and going with mates, we'll just spread them around for those who don't get them.

Yeah you just have a higher probability of getting tickets when you apply, doesn't guarantee you get them just living in the area or they wouldn't be able to let anyone from elsewhere go :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Yeah you just have a higher probability of getting tickets when you apply, doesn't guarantee you get them just living in the area or they wouldn't be able to let anyone from elsewhere go :p:.
    Ahh, well I already applied thinking it'd come immediately. Hopefully I'll get them through.

Its gonna be awesome! :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ahh, well I already applied thinking it'd come immediately. Hopefully I'll get them through.

Its gonna be awesome! :yep:
    Applications don't open till tomorrow :lolwut:.

I really want to go but its the weekend before exams start :moon:.

ReputationRep:

Am I guaranteed a ticket if I live close to the event?
    No - sorry. We will ensure that those living closer to the event have a better chance of getting tickets than those further away - but last year almost half a million people applied for them and we expect demand to be massive again this year. You will still need to be lucky to get one of the 10,000 pairs available for each day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2011/faqs/

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Looking at the line up for this year, I would love to go on the Sunday :coma:

But the date is a problem as the next morning I'd have my GCSE English exam

So I was wondering how long it's on for and what time it starts and finishes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Applications don't open till tomorrow :lolwut:.

I really want to go but its the weekend before exams start :moon:.
    Ours were open? We had people on in the Common Room?

I applied of a friend of mine's; he was on it.

Hmm. I need to double check this with him; it wouldn't be open earlier for those in Cumbria in the CA1-11 Area. For obvious reasons.

ReputationRep:
    What time does it usually start and finish?
    As my GCSE english is on Monday morning and I'd love to go on the Sunday

ReputationRep:
    It says they've closed now.

See?

I hope to hell this is it, or I've just failed...
    Um.. no it opens tomorrow... you're looking at the 2010 link.

I hope I win I love Radio 1 esp Scott Mills & Greg James. Would loveeeeeee to see the Strokes

ReputationRep:
    What time does the event start and finish?
    Doors will open around 1200 on both Saturday 14 May and Sunday 15 May. The event will finish around 2230 each night.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2011/faqs/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Um.. no it opens tomorrow... you're looking at the 2010 link.
    I edited it, I had the wrong like chosen.

I'll double check this with my mate, but we were definitely on it today.

Unless we were messed over by some fake registration? :cool:

Knowing us, its probably the case. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I edited it, I had the wrong like chosen.

I'll double check this with my mate, but we were definitely on it today.

Unless we were messed over by some fake registration? :cool:

Knowing us, its probably the case. :rolleyes:
    You can't register until tomorrow, so you were on the wrong page! Definitely! I've had the radio on the background a lot today and keep going on about it opening tomorrow at half 6 during Scott Mills show.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    WHAT THE ****, LADY GAGA IS GONNA BE THERE??!!?

:emo: :emo: :emo: :emo:

i had no idea, feel **** for missing seeing her again for the 2nd time round but the again my last exam isnt until the 18th :holmes:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.