Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    As part of our outing to the semi-nearby Alton Towers, Keele University have kindly provided us with accomodation for our overnight stay. Having discussed this amongst ourselves, a question has come up. What are the showers like? Now i'm not the sort of chap that minds, but it seems to be quite a concern for a few of us. The specific name of the hall has not been released, but common sense suggests that we'll be in a non-ensuite hall so as to keep costs down.
    If anyone would be so kind as to give me a rundown of the condition of the showers in the various halls (cleanliness, privacy, condition) then I would be very grateful.
    Thanks
    Alex

ReputationRep:
    The likely hood is you'll be in the Keele Management Suite, the showers are standard showers with a small bath basin. I would advise you however don't leave anything there at breakfast they will be quick to take things to tidy your room so be vigilant. It's a shame really the main part of Keele is very lovely and it seems to let the university down. Have fun

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much for your reply . What are they like in terms of privacy? Are they your standard 'glass cubicle' type like found at home? Are they grouped together? Are they a 'wet room' style?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    In Keele Management centre? They tend to be joined on to the bedrooms. The bathroom has a door, but the shower is part of the bath and has a flimsey curtain. Last time I went I was very self conscious of how much it felt like a down-end bed and breakfast.

ReputationRep:
    Well from what i'm told, we're in 'student halls of residence' and 'the university has grouped the rooms together. The rooms are not ensuite, have you any experience in that area?

ReputationRep:
    From the sounds of that you could be in any of several blocks. The bathrooms in all are pretty standard and will either have 1 shower room and 1 bath room, or a large room with two large, private shower cubicles.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.