Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have been searching for proper information on this, but was unable to locate any.
    I want to know the general rules that apply to all universities in the UK(2011) regarding assessments, reassesments and failed modules resits. All the information on this is incredibly blurry all over the place. If there is no such thing as a general rulebook for all universities, does anyone studying at CoventryUni know what the regulations here are?

To be more specific i will try to exemplify my situation here, even though I haven't yet, I am fairly sure of the fact that I will fail at least 2 of my 7 modules this first year at uni. I want to know if the resit process is immediate and if it covers 2 modules. I am scared there might be some sort of limit on the no of failed modules you can have. Also where can I go for obtaining the due dates of the resit coursework and exam. Does the resit take the form of the same type of work I failed? (if i failed a course that doenst have an exam, just coursework, do i resit it as coursework or as an universal exam from that module?)

Hope I am clear enough, will hang round for a quick answer.
    Anyone knows any leads I can follow would appreciate it a million if you would share ASAP.\

Thank you very much
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.