Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    1) L&C 12-week internship on the fund of hedge funds desk.

2) Mondrian 12-month investment administrator internship.

Would appreciate any advice from people in the know. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    take the fo internship

ReputationRep:
    comparing 12 week and 12 month?

what are your circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    comparing 12 week and 12 month?

what are your circumstances?
    Graduating this summer.

ReputationRep:
    12 weeks will take you through the IB applications late this year. You need to balance the prospects of you getting one those roles, or being asked to stay on after the internship vs security of 12 months employment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    12 weeks will take you through the IB applications late this year. You need to balance the prospects of you getting one those roles, or being asked to stay on after the internship vs security of 12 months employment.
    Point taken. The 12 month internship will take me up to the following year's applications mind. Would I be able to apply for IB summer internships for next summer at the end of my 12 month placement?

I'd like to think that the 12 week FO intern > 12 months BO/MO intern for grad jobs..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfcbradders)
    I'd like to think that the 12 week FO intern > 12 months BO/MO intern for grad jobs..

Depends if you have the degree/skills to land a FO job on the back of the internship

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.