Turn on thread page Beta

What would you recommend in Dubai? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am on the verge of booking myself a little foray into Dubai this August with Virgin Holidays (yes, AUGUST in Dubai...off-season so cheaper, but factor 50 24/7 me thinks :eek: ). I am going to stay only for 2/3 nights, because I am travelling alone, so I think 3 days max should be enough.

I think I will stay at Atlantis, The Palm, which is £955 for 2 nights (flights inclusive) or £1155 for 3 nights. I would prefer to save the £200 and only stay for the 2 nights, if I'm honest.

The reason I want to go to Dubai is because of Atlantis waterpark and aquarium, and then the Burj Khalifa tower, Burj Khalifa lake, and Dubai Mall. This is only 2 days worth of sightseeing, so what else is there that may make me want to stay the extra night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I am on the verge of booking myself a little foray into Dubai this August with Virgin Holidays (yes, AUGUST in Dubai...off-season so cheaper, but factor 50 24/7 me thinks :eek: ). I am going to stay only for 2/3 nights, because I am travelling alone, so I think 3 days max should be enough.

I think I will stay at Atlantis, The Palm, which is £955 for 2 nights (flights inclusive) or £1155 for 3 nights. I would prefer to save the £200 and only stay for the 2 nights, if I'm honest.

The reason I want to go to Dubai is because of Atlantis waterpark and aquarium, and then the Burj Khalifa tower, Burj Khalifa lake, and Dubai Mall. This is only 2 days worth of sightseeing, so what else is there that may make me want to stay the extra night?
    DO NOT Miss the desert safari

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingxlr8)
    DO NOT Miss the desert safari
    Is that a seperate tour, where would I need to book it? Desert Safari brings up lots of results in Dubai on a Google search. I have, however, heard of the Al Maha Desert Resort by the Emirates Group. But I think you need to stay at their resort in order to benefit from the safari experiences.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the desert safari and Wild Wadi; that's it tbh.

I visited Dubai in August a few years ago, the heat was ridiculous and I could barely go outside for 5 minutes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Is that a seperate tour, where would I need to book it? Desert Safari brings up lots of results in Dubai on a Google search. I have, however, heard of the Al Maha Desert Resort by the Emirates Group. But I think you need to stay at their resort in order to benefit from the safari experiences.

There are loads of different companies that do them and we just called up the day before to book.

ReputationRep:
    Dubai in August is waay too hot, especially if you're planning on going to the atlantis waterpark or to wild wadi

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.