Turn on thread page Beta

Urgent A2 media studies coursework HELP !!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    I am doing WJEC MS3: Media Investigation and Production, for my production I looked at the representation of women in horror. Now for the production it says:

"Candidates are required to submit a production which should develop from and be informed by the candidate's research investigation. This production must be in a different form from the AS production.

Audio-visual productions should be up to 4 minutes in length (depending on the nature of the production) Print-based productions (or their digital equivalent) should be a minimum of 3 pages.

Digital media (other than audio-visual productions) and print-based productions must be individual. Audio-visual productions can be produced either individually or in groups (maximum 4). Group tasks must offer appropiate opportunities for each candidate to demonstrate an individual contribution"

So, I am doing the print based ones but how the hell am I supposed to this when it has to relate to my initial research (representation of women) and nobody I know is seriously gonna let me photograph them in like a bikini or something lol (some have to be original i.e. own photos). What have other people who have done this coursework done for this (not just WJEC, I assume other boards are similar ?) and what can you do, like movie posters or something ? :confused: (if you haven't already guessed I'm a MASSIVE procrastinater). Or if anybody has got any ideas/advice on what I could do it'd be cool.

ReputationRep:
    So nobody then :/ ?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody who does media know how to do the production side of the coursework because I'm clueless :s and not exactly got a lot of time to do it.

ReputationRep:
    I guess nobody does media here, so this is the last time I'll ask...

ReputationRep:
    hey buddy , I do Media A2 WJEC

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't look good for you I have to admit . representation of women in horror is a farly good idea. So u are loking at things such as vulnerability, reliant on men to save them etc generic conventions are usually that the female is rescued, but then in psycho u have unusually Janet Leigh, the protagonist, is killed early on. You have the female servants sometimes. You have the passive female to the charm of the villain etc etc so u could do a quick

ReputationRep:
    newspaper article on a fictional case with wolves, vampires etc etc and subvert the norm, so have the male be the one who is in danger and the vamire could be a female and a female could be the hero. its a bit late to be doing magazine covers now. alternatiely u would have to do a short film on the same sort of idea. in the morning sort out a narrative, a quick script and at night get it filmed with the help form some mates

ReputationRep:
    Do I have to do all that ? I thought I had to just do one, like just print-based or just audio-visual ones ? How many do you have to do ? Can you do an article ? I'm in the process of making a film poster, can't I just do 3 print-based productions ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that would be fine, just hurry up pal

ReputationRep:
    I've already done it now, but thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    hey I've been up all weekend trying to finish the coursework so that I can hand it into my teacher which has been a rollercoaster ride! the best thing to do is to ask your teacher for advice as they no the specification well

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 4, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.