Turn on thread page Beta

Psychology B - Forgetting help! watch

ReputationRep:
    I need to do a PowerPoint for tomorrow on the Displacement Theory to the Remembering and Forgetting section (old information is over-written by new information). However I left my stuff in my locker at school and need 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses of the theory. Can someone please help me?!

ReputationRep:
    A strength is that it's consistent with the multi store model of memory.
    A strength is that it can explain the recency effect because old info is pushed out by the new info, so we remember this info.
    A weakness is that when the multi store model gave way to the working memory model, the theory became less popular.
    A weakness is that it's seen as oversimplified as it reduces forgetting down to singular capacity factors when it's clear that other factors are involved.

ENJOY!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.