Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm really stuck right now and could do with some help!
    I have a conditional for nursing at Edinburgh, which is amazing! I'm so happy, and I have an unconditional for nursing at Queen Margaret.
    Thing is, when I visited Queen Margaret, I loved it so much, I felt at home right away. But I feel like I should go to Edinburgh - it's number 1 for nursing in the UK and I have an amazing opportunity.
    I don't know why I get the feeling that Edinburgh is snobby.. on the open day it was. But that wasn't for nursing, so I don't know...
    I'M SO CONFUSED!! EDINBURGH OR QUEEN MARGARET?
    Please give me any information you can
    Thanks so much X

ReputationRep:
    I have never ever heard of Queen Margaret University until now.

Also if you actually suspect Edinburgh University is going to be "snobby" you need to grow up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerny)
    I have never ever heard of Queen Margaret University until now.

Also if you actually suspect Edinburgh University is going to be "snobby" you need to grow up.

Actually I don't need to "grow up". Just saying what I've heard.
    If you're just going to contradict why comment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliveoilx)
    Hi, I'm really stuck right now and could do with some help!
    I have a conditional for nursing at Edinburgh, which is amazing! I'm so happy, and I have an unconditional for nursing at Queen Margaret.
    Thing is, when I visited Queen Margaret, I loved it so much, I felt at home right away. But I feel like I should go to Edinburgh - it's number 1 for nursing in the UK and I have an amazing opportunity.
    I don't know why I get the feeling that Edinburgh is snobby.. on the open day it was. But that wasn't for nursing, so I don't know...
    I'M SO CONFUSED!! EDINBURGH OR QUEEN MARGARET?
    Please give me any information you can
    Thanks so much X
    No matter how many pretentious people there are at Edinburgh, there will still be plenty of down to earth people too
    It's a big uni!
    But go where you think you want to be. You're doing a vocational course, so uni rep matters a lot less.

Though Edinburgh Uni had such a cool Union when i visited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerGoat)
    No matter how many pretentious people there are at Edinburgh, there will still be plenty of down to earth people too
    It's a big uni!
    But go where you think you want to be. You're doing a vocational course, so uni rep matters a lot less.

Though Edinburgh Uni had such a cool Union when i visited
    Yeah, that's true....
    I was meant to visit the Nursing department at Edinburgh but I had an exam and couldn't! Which isn't helpful :confused: ... what to do?!
    Thank you though!

ReputationRep:
    Go to Edinburgh, it's better for your field...oh and people have actually heard of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliveoilx)
    Yeah, that's true....
    I was meant to visit the Nursing department at Edinburgh but I had an exam and couldn't! Which isn't helpful :confused: ... what to do?!
    Thank you though!
    I expected, when I went on an offer holders day, for it to be a bit more snobby. But it really wasn't. The people and lecturers who I met were very down to earth and well...normal.
    Of course this is purely anecdotal, but don't worry too much about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerGoat)
    I expected, when I went on an offer holders day, for it to be a bit more snobby. But it really wasn't. The people and lecturers who I met were very down to earth and well...normal.
    Of course this is purely anecdotal, but don't worry too much about it.
    Wow really? That's good then.. and to go to Edinburgh is a good opportunity! Definitely leaning more towards Edinburgh now..
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shuvel)
    Go to Edinburgh, it's better for your field...oh and people have actually heard of it.
    You're from Scotland and you've never heard of QMU? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    You're from Scotland and you've never heard of QMU? :confused:
    I only heard of it when someone I know went there to study media after they grabbed a place in clearing to get closer to Edinburgh. Considering it apparently started out as a cookery school don't blame me for not taking it too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I only heard of it when someone I know went there to study media after they grabbed a place in clearing to get closer to Edinburgh. Considering it apparently started out as a cookery school don't blame me for not taking it too seriously.
    It's not a cookery school anymore though is it? Things change! I understand it's your opinion, and I totally respect that 100%, but no need to be disrespectful.

ReputationRep:
    It kind of depends on whats best for you! I suggest that you look at Unistats

http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/searchResults.do

And and compare QMU and Edinburgh!

Plus, even if you DO go to QMU you can still join all the Edinburgh Uni Unions!

Also, QMU is more health occupations focused, so as I said, depends on you!

I hope that I'll get an interview and get in! Although I did get rejected from Edinburgh(not so smart ) I'm so excited to be going to uni-it'll be scary, but fun!

Perhaps you should go to an applicant day, or even talk to ex-students from Edinburgh1

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter if a certain number of people have heard of it or not?

Anyway, moved to Healthcare and Nursing subforum.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.