Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anuj_kundarap)
    Hi,

I've applied for accomodation pretty late (its almost mid-May now). My choices are 1. Carr-Saunders Single
    2. Roseberry Single
    3. Bankside Shared
    4. International Hall Single
    5. Hughes Parry Single
    6. Connought Single

What are my chances of getting into one of the LSE Residences? I really don't wanna end up in an Inter-collegiate residence and I filled up the options only because it was compulsory.

Also, I will be arriving with a friend and I want to make sure we end up in the same Residence. Is there any way of doing that?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
    Anuj
    I don't think it matters when you apply. I might be wrong, but I think that as long as you get your application in before the deadline it's given equal consideration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anita B. Studin)
    Oh nooo I put Bankside as my first choice! I really hope I get Rosebery, is it too late to change my choices now?
    If I get standard single at Bankside, I'll have -£752 from my maintenance loan.
    I *think* you can withdraw your application and reapply before the deadline. I might be wrong though, so it's best to ask Milan/darrold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amenhotep)
    I skimmed through - sorry if some things have already been answered.
    What u said about the hall sounds fab, but i was really concerned about the limited facilities here ~~ i dont mind paying extra £7/week for the kitchen, but as i am used to cooking, only a microwave will be quite some trouble for me

what is the likelihood that you will get an access to kitchen? How many rooms in total and how many will get kitchen-access?

Did you have access to kitchen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loran Aniseed)
    What u said about the hall sounds fab, but i was really concerned about the limited facilities here ~~ i dont mind paying extra £7/week for the kitchen, but as i am used to cooking, only a microwave will be quite some trouble for me

what is the likelihood that you will get an access to kitchen? How many rooms in total and how many will get kitchen-access?

Did you have access to kitchen?
    I don't really know how many rooms there are - it's more than 65 per floor I think, but there are only two kitchens per floor as far I'm aware (plus lounge).

Priority is given to people with dietary and health requirements, and there's no harm in putting something like this down on the form. Unfortunately, you won't find out if you've got one until you arrive (you'll get a key).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the answers! Another question, is Bankside full of only internationals or are there also home students (a.k.a British students) at the hall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amenhotep)
    I don't really know how many rooms there are - it's more than 65 per floor I think, but there are only two kitchens per floor as far I'm aware (plus lounge).

Priority is given to people with dietary and health requirements, and there's no harm in putting something like this down on the form. Unfortunately, you won't find out if you've got one until you arrive (you'll get a key).
    Thanks for the quick reply but basically, we cant get the estimated number of how many can have access to a kitchen, right? Is it like 50% of the residence? or more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loran Aniseed)
    Thanks for the quick reply but basically, we cant get the estimated number of how many can have access to a kitchen, right? Is it like 50% of the residence? or more?
    Less, I would think. I don't know how many people per kitchen, but I would guess between a dozen and a dozen and half, and there are only two on each floor, so I don't think it's half.

I don't think the kitchens get crowded or anything like that - people wake and eat at different times, and I don't think people eat in the kitchens (there are tables).

ReputationRep:
    There are 4 kitchens on each floor and that's enough for around 20% of residents to have access to one.

However, there's a very high chance that if you apply for one you'll get it. Although priority is given to those with specific needs I don't know anyone that applied for one and didn't get access. Moreover, lots of people realise through the year that they don't need kitchen access anymore so spaces free up quite soon after term starts - there's a waiting list that reception keep for people who want kitchen access and don't have it already, and at the moment noones on the list!

ReputationRep:
    hey does anyone know how to apply for kitchen access once you get an offer for bankside??

ReputationRep:
    Got Bankside single

ReputationRep:
    I've got a single at Bankside, I've emailed and asked how to apply for kitchen access, no reply yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlyskin)
    I've got a single at Bankside, I've emailed and asked how to apply for kitchen access, no reply yet!
    i called the accomodation office and aparently they send us a form at the end of august, which has the option for applying for kitchen access

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a-t-88)
    i called the accomodation office and aparently they send us a form at the end of august, which has the option for applying for kitchen access
    OK, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlyskin)
    OK, thanks!
    I actually checked out my accommodation offer page the other day (having already accepted a while back), and there was a new link somewhere in it to apply for kitchen access. If something comes at the end of August I will fill it out, but it appears that it can be applied for as we speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConcyV)
    I actually checked out my accommodation offer page the other day (having already accepted a while back), and there was a new link somewhere in it to apply for kitchen access. If something comes at the end of August I will fill it out, but it appears that it can be applied for as we speak.
    Are you undergrad or postgrad? I checked mine earlier today and there wasn't anything new?

EDIT: don't worry, it's appeared on mine now! thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student and I will be staying at Bankside next year as an undergrad student. I was wondering how you get from Bankside to LSE when its raining because walking would be inconvenient...what method of transportation do you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rf17)
    I'm an international student and I will be staying at Bankside next year as an undergrad student. I was wondering how you get from Bankside to LSE when its raining because walking would be inconvenient...what method of transportation do you use?
    I'm just going to walk and get rained on...haha, welcome to England! Tube will be inconvenient, buses are never very quick in central London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rf17)
    what the above poster said, you could just wear a waterproof jacket or go all the way and get an umbrella, but yeah get used to getting drenched

ReputationRep:
    so whose going to be living in backside this year? and what course is everyone doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a-t-88)
    so whose going to be living in backside this year? and what course is everyone doing?
    I'll be there! First Year Law student you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.