Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teachers these days. watch

• View Poll Results: What's your opinion?
    It's the students fault.
    60.00%
    The teachers can't teach.
    55.00%
    I am a student
    85.00%
    I am a teacher
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Teachers these days can't teach, don't take learning seriously and don't use different learning methods to suit their students... well atleast not at my school.

.... Or could it be the students? Who knows?

Could they be making it unbearable for teachers to teach?

* I have had experiences with teachers who cba when I really want to learn. It's like they just don't give a damn.

ReputationRep:
    i think its quite mixed tbh, you do get some teachers which arent as capable as others but students are exactly the same. there are students who want to learn and there are others that simply dont, the difference can be seen after gcse and students have THEIR OWN choice to go to 6th form or college. But then if the students are willing to learn thats where bad teachers get highlighted more than normal because they have an interested class.

ReputationRep:
    It's obviously a mixture of both

ReputationRep:
    It totally depends. Most of my teachers are good, and some are pretty damn exceptional. Obviously, you get some that aren't very good - and some that are dire, but it really is partly the teachers not being good at disciple and partly the pupils, who really can be a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the teachers are actually quite capable to be honest- at my school. It's the students...Most of them are STTUUUPIDDD, but even the ones that are capable don't try. There's only so much an educator can do, they can't FORCE a student to learn.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Back in the day, teachers wouldn't hesitate to bring out the cane. We need to go back to that.:rolleyes: (sarcasm if you didn't get it)

Not every teacher's going to be great, but most at state schools are crap with a capital C.

ReputationRep:
    i've always had very capable teachers bar one but she retired so it worked out...
    but up untill a levels always had some right dicks in class
    i remember getting abuse from one girl i had to sit next to who kept asking for the answers in english
    (how do you give an answer for an essay?)
    told her to **** off and get a brain :cool:

think it would be good to have the cane back
    discipline in uk isn't the best

ReputationRep:
    definetely a mixture of both
    my chem teachers only use presentations and some praticals to teach us
    but one chem teacher is better than the other coz she gives us notes
    my C2 and S1 teachers are fab, they gave us ton of past papers for the jan exams and they're doing it again for may exams
    same for my econ teacher, but sir doesnt do presentations or notes, he just speaks to us and we make notes ourself and then he dictates to us on what should be written- i quite like this teacher style

ReputationRep:
    It isn't all the student's fault, or all the teacher's fault.

I'd say it mostly depends on the teacher, some teachers can easily control groups who are badly behaved, some can't.
    There are always going to be 'naughty' kids, however harsh the discipline is, the best thing is to have teachers who they respect, or who can control them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by antoastew)
    i think its quite mixed tbh, you do get some teachers which arent as capable as others but students are exactly the same. there are students who want to learn and there are others that simply dont, the difference can be seen after gcse and students have THEIR OWN choice to go to 6th form or college. But then if the students are willing to learn thats where bad teachers get highlighted more than normal because they have an interested class.
    I agree. I have had a few rubbish teachers in the past, who cant teach and who dont care but i have also had plenty of students who dont want to learn as well who cause havoc in lessons. There are a lot of students who dont really want to learn. You do get some bad teachers though, but not as many- and this is usually highlighted in 6th form and college when the students are there who want to be there and who want to learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    I agree. I have had a few rubbish teachers in the past, who cant teach and who dont care but i have also had plenty of students who dont want to learn as well who cause havoc in lessons. There are a lot of students who dont really want to learn. You do get some bad teachers though, but not as many- and this is usually highlighted in 6th form and college when the students are there who want to be there and who want to learn.
    Yeah thats exactly what I was meaning, I think I phrased my post in a way that didn't make a great deal of sense. Thanks for making it clearer

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.