Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't cope... I need something to go right Watch

I'm really struggling because there is so little to be positive about, all I have is uni work and at times its difficult to feel good about that! Even when uni work is going well, there still feels like there's a lot missing, I just feel I need something for me!

I'm a 21 year old guy and well over the past 3years I've not really belonged anywhere for very long, In a way it has been a good thing as it's made me independent, self reliant and a lot stronger! I started at uni when I was 18 n dropped out because I wanted to try for my 1st choice again, I eventually came to Uni 2years later then I should have done and I'm now a 1st year. I had 2jobs in between dropping out n starting again as well as being unemployed for like 6months. It was hard but I don't regret it because it taught me a lot and well I'm not the sort to write off 2years of my life as a mistake!

I decided not to go into halls because I'd done the whole freshers thing and through work I have kinda got use to being an adult, I still like to have fun etc, I just thought the freshers thing we would be overfacing (for context: some of my best work mates were nearly 40!)

Anyways I'm living with 2friends who are in the third year and well it's not all I had hoped, they have boyfriends and well we never go out together unless theres a birthday! I've not had chance to meet many uni people and those that I have well they have their going out friends, I'm just a course mate :-(. I'm not the ype to turn up to a club on my own especially a gay club (I'm gay), I did that once before and well lets just say it ended up in me being taken advantage of!

My family situation is awful aswell, I'd go back home more often just to escape but things are just as bad/worse there! I feel somehow detached from my friends back home! They all have had a few years of the fun uni experience, full of life and excitement and theres me who fits in to a degree but its not the same.

There's a guy I like a lot, he's rarely in the country atm, moving back soon. We slept together a few months ago and he says his rule is to never sleep with someone he doesn't care about, obviously we could'nt be together because of the distance untill he gets back. I really care for him, it's not so much the sex I miss, its the talking, cuddling etc. The thing is I've seen photos of him online looking very friendly with another guy (I might be wrong - he is generally tactile). He's coming to see me when hes back visiting family fairly soon. Thing is he seems less keen somehow, I'm begining to wonder.

I feel like the only things I have in my life is Uni (potential for a great job), TV, comfort eating and the hope that the guy I have fallen for will come back and we can be happy. I feel like getting in the car and finding a garage to park it and just leave the engine running as I fall to sleep! I really have been trying to be positive but right now I feel I have very litle to live for ad can only see that getting worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm really struggling because there is so little to be positive about, all I have is uni work and at times its difficult to feel good about that! Even when uni work is going well, there still feels like there's a lot missing, I just feel I need something for me!

I'm a 21 year old guy and well over the past 3years I've not really belonged anywhere for very long, In a way it has been a good thing as it's made me independent, self reliant and a lot stronger! I started at uni when I was 18 n dropped out because I wanted to try for my 1st choice again, I eventually came to Uni 2years later then I should have done and I'm now a 1st year. I had 2jobs in between dropping out n starting again as well as being unemployed for like 6months. It was hard but I don't regret it because it taught me a lot and well I'm not the sort to write off 2years of my life as a mistake!

I decided not to go into halls because I'd done the whole freshers thing and through work I have kinda got use to being an adult, I still like to have fun etc, I just thought the freshers thing we would be overfacing (for context: some of my best work mates were nearly 40!)

Anyways I'm living with 2friends who are in the third year and well it's not all I had hoped, they have boyfriends and well we never go out together unless theres a birthday! I've not had chance to meet many uni people and those that I have well they have their going out friends, I'm just a course mate :-(. I'm not the ype to turn up to a club on my own especially a gay club (I'm gay), I did that once before and well lets just say it ended up in me being taken advantage of!

My family situation is awful aswell, I'd go back home more often just to escape but things are just as bad/worse there! I feel somehow detached from my friends back home! They all have had a few years of the fun uni experience, full of life and excitement and theres me who fits in to a degree but its not the same.

There's a guy I like a lot, he's rarely in the country atm, moving back soon. We slept together a few months ago and he says his rule is to never sleep with someone he doesn't care about, obviously we could'nt be together because of the distance untill he gets back. I really care for him, it's not so much the sex I miss, its the talking, cuddling etc. The thing is I've seen photos of him online looking very friendly with another guy (I might be wrong - he is generally tactile). He's coming to see me when hes back visiting family fairly soon. Thing is he seems less keen somehow, I'm begining to wonder.

I feel like the only things I have in my life is Uni (potential for a great job), TV, comfort eating and the hope that the guy I have fallen for will come back and we can be happy. I feel like getting in the car and finding a garage to park it and just leave the engine running as I fall to sleep! I really have been trying to be positive but right now I feel I have very litle to live for ad can only see that getting worse!
    This is eerily similar to my situation (or portential situation) and feelings. PM if you want

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.