Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good evening everyone!
    Ive been google-ing around for ages now, gone through all forms for this and that but i just cant find the answer for my question; (really hoping anyone out here will know)

Do I qualify for a Childcare grant when Im an international student with swedish student finance (that does not cover anything at all for my little one)

??

Anyone knowing this?
    Very grateful if so.

/ Bissa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bissa)
    Good evening everyone!
    Ive been google-ing around for ages now, gone through all forms for this and that but i just cant find the answer for my question; (really hoping anyone out here will know)

Do I qualify for a Childcare grant when Im an international student with swedish student finance (that does not cover anything at all for my little one)

??

Anyone knowing this?
    Very grateful if so.

/ Bissa
    Do you mean a childcare grant from Student Finance England?

As you are an international student, i don't think you are eligible for anything from SFE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bissa)
    Good evening everyone!

??

Anyone knowing this?
    Very grateful if so.

/ Bissa
    Phoenix is right, unfortunately. SFE is for EU/UK students and international students aren't eligible.

ReputationRep:
    Sweden is in the EU so you aren't classed as an international student, rather as an EU student.

Unfortunately, that does not change the fact that you are not eligible. Tigermoth was close, but the childcare grant is only available for home students.

You might be able to find another type of support for EU students by going to http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...es/DG_10035218 but it doesn't look too promising...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.