Turn on thread page Beta

Have you noticed how people abuse the rep system on TSR? watch

ReputationRep:
    Its like the most funny, offtopic, non serious comment ALWAYS gets the highest votes, and the most detailed, serious comments get the most negative votes.
    I'm serious guys, lets have a proper discussion about this cuz the rep thing is getting outta hand!

Ok I got too many negative reps now, can anyone have the heart to balance it out with some positive reps?

Please?

ReputationRep:
    Your wish is my command.

ReputationRep:
    If you watch Mr. Bean without the laugh track it's a very moving drama about a man with severe learning difficulties who struggles to cope with simple everyday tasks.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    ITT: People trying to be off topic and non serious.

ReputationRep:
    Who really cares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darknessbehold)
    Nah, I'm good thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Your wish is my command.
    Lmao

ReputationRep:
    Nyah, people tend to pos rep those who make funny comments or those that make decent contributions to a thread, as long as it's all on the first page.

ReputationRep:
    I like pudding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)

ReputationRep:
    The Weimar Republic (Weimarer Republik) is the name given by historians to the parliamentary republic established in 1919 in Germany to replace the imperial form of government. It was named after Weimar, the city where the constitutional assembly took place. Its official name was Deutsches Reich (sometimes translated as German Empire, but Reich can also mean realm or federal level of government), but it was usually known in English simply as Germany. Following World War I, the republic emerged from the German Revolution in November 1918. In 1919, a national assembly convened in Weimar, where a new constitution for the German Reich was written, then adopted on 11 August of that same year. Germany's period of liberal democracy lapsed in the early 1930s, leading to the ascent of the NSDAP and Adolf Hitler in 1933. Although the constitution of 1919 was never officially repealed, the legal measures taken by the Nazi government in February and March 1933, commonly known as Gleichschaltung ("coordination"), meant that the government could legislate contrary to the constitution. The constitution became irrelevant; thus, 1933 is usually seen as the end of the Weimar Republic and the beginning of Hitler's Third Reich.
    In its 14 years of existence, the Weimar Republic faced numerous problems, including hyperinflation, political extremists on the left and the right and their paramilitaries, and hostility from the victors of World War I. However, it overcame many of the oppressive requirements of the Treaty of Versailles, reformed the currency, and unified tax politics and the railway system.

Detailed AND Off Topic :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Nyah, people tend to pos rep those who make funny comments or those that make decent contributions to a thread, as long as it's all on the first page.
    Very true.

ReputationRep:
    I have some reputation points to use :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Rep is to reward those who improve your life. If people don't care about the topic at hand they rep the people that make them laugh because that's the most they can hope for from that particular thread.

Likewise, long & detailed posts annoy people because they force them to use their brains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    The Weimar Republic (Weimarer Republik) is the name given by historians to the parliamentary republic established in 1919 in Germany to replace the imperial form of government. It was named after Weimar, the city where the constitutional assembly took place. Its official name was Deutsches Reich (sometimes translated as German Empire, but Reich can also mean realm or federal level of government), but it was usually known in English simply as Germany. Following World War I, the republic emerged from the German Revolution in November 1918. In 1919, a national assembly convened in Weimar, where a new constitution for the German Reich was written, then adopted on 11 August of that same year. Germany's period of liberal democracy lapsed in the early 1930s, leading to the ascent of the NSDAP and Adolf Hitler in 1933. Although the constitution of 1919 was never officially repealed, the legal measures taken by the Nazi government in February and March 1933, commonly known as Gleichschaltung ("coordination"), meant that the government could legislate contrary to the constitution. The constitution became irrelevant; thus, 1933 is usually seen as the end of the Weimar Republic and the beginning of Hitler's Third Reich.
    In its 14 years of existence, the Weimar Republic faced numerous problems, including hyperinflation, political extremists on the left and the right and their paramilitaries, and hostility from the victors of World War I. However, it overcame many of the oppressive requirements of the Treaty of Versailles, reformed the currency, and unified tax politics and the railway system.

Detailed AND Off Topic :holmes:
    And plagiarised.

ReputationRep:
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miike1234)
    If you watch Mr. Bean without the laugh track it's a very moving drama about a man with severe learning difficulties who struggles to cope with simple everyday tasks.
    Sickipedia...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Its like the most funny, offtopic, non serious comment ALWAYS gets the highest votes, and the most detailed, serious comments get the most negative votes.
    I'm serious guys, lets have a proper discussion about this cuz the rep thing is getting outta hand!

No surprise I'm sooo gonna get negged for this
    I will get negged for this too, but

I love how all people are sheep and they see so many negative/positive rep and they feel obliged to follow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    And plagiarised.
    Of course. Do you really think I could be bothered to write all that **** myself?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.